Amenities on the QM2

momomo

Yes, there are the normal bathroom toiletries: shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, soap, and hand lotion. There's also a hair dryer. I know some people had negative comments about the short cord or the placement of it, but I thought it worked out well, and it's one less thing to pack. If the shampoo, etc. runs out, just tell your steward, and he or she will replenish.

There is a self serve laundry on every passenger deck or on most of them. An Iron and ironing board is there. The machines are free to use, which I thought was strange, but was glad because I didn't have any change with me. I was told that irons can not be used in cabins. The only thing about the ironing boards was they were too close to the wall and the round end was facing the wron direction and I had a "heellll" of a time trying to iron my shirts. That's a guy for ya icon_eek.gif

J.P.

I liked the provided amenities -- natural and not overly perfumed like some.

On 3 deck (I think), there is also a somewhat hidden store called The Emporium which sells assorted toiletries (like a convenience store selection). You'd be able to buy anything there you needed.

It's in the photo store, wine bar area....

Crouton

Thanks gentlemen!! Can't believe I am getting ironing and toiletry advice from two lads! chuckle!

Is this the same on the QE2? ( irons or lack of them in the rooms and soaps etc in the cabins?)

• 2 weeks later...

On the QE2, it's a different thing about the laundry, ironing, etc. There is only one laundry for passengers to use (Deck 3) and they don't want irons used in the cabins because of fire hazards.

The amenities are essentially the same, though. The soap, shampoo, etc. are there for you.

My daughter is an "ironing nut" (everything she wears is natural fibers) and she enjoyed the gossip in the "laundry rooms"!

Archived