What about city shorts?

Aren't shorts prohibited in the dining room? I don't know what Carnival's dress code is....

Even if they are city shorts, they are still shorts.

Yes, but I saw them worn every night in the dining room on Carnival, even formal evenings.

Yes, but I saw them worn every night in the dining room on Carnival, even formal evenings.

I'm going on Carnival and I certainly will adhere to the dress code and hopefully won't see too many people who don't. I can't understand why people cannot follow a dress code. If they want to wear shorts, then they should eat up at the Lido buffet.

Gah! Another reason why Carnival isn't my cruise line of choice.

Not everyone who goes on Carnival dresses innapropriately. Like my post above says, I'm going on Carnival and I will definitely adhere to the dress code.

Not everyone who goes on Carnival dresses innapropriately. Like my post above says, I'm going on Carnival and I will definitely adhere to the dress code.

Sandi, I agree. However, I saw far more exceedingly dressed down passengers on my Carnival cruises than I have seen on any others, except for three RCI cruises last year. Unfortunately, they are catching up quickly:cool:.

Sandi, I agree. However, I saw far more exceedingly dressed down passengers on my Carnival cruises than I have seen on any others, except for three RCI cruises last year. Unfortunately, they are catching up quickly:cool:.

You know what it is Caviargal.....the whole world is not as formal as it used to be. I am from NY...born and bred. When I was a little girl and my parents would take me into the "city" for a show at Radio City or a dinner or whatever, I had to get dressed up. A nice dress with those tights that the little girls used to wear in the 60's and patent leather shoes. My mother would never ever put pants on me to just walk around Manhattan. As the time went on the world got more relaxed and casual. It's just the way of the world now. It is even like that in business. Twenty five years ago when I first started working I would only wear dresses or suits. Now we can wear pants and even jeans. So I guess the cruiselines are the same. I also remember when my parents would cruise back in the 60's and 70s. For non formal nights my mom would always wear a dress and my dad would be in a suit. On the formal nights my mom would be in a gown with her mink stole and my dad in a tux. Everything has changed, unfortunately. I think it's very nice to get dressed up. I like getting dressed up. For me, I dress appropriately for the occassion/venue. If I am going to a nice restaurant, I will usually wear a nice pants suit or dress. If I am going to a baseball game I will wear jeans and sneakers. I guess some people don't feel the same way.

Well said Sandi, and I agree with it all. However, that shouldn't excuse people from trying to skirt the rules and regulations that are currently in place on cruiselines. Not following the dress code is rude and discourteous to fellow passengers and down right juvenile. If the dress code is changed then that's a different story.

Well said Sandi, and I agree with it all. However, that shouldn't excuse people from trying to skirt the rules and regulations that are currently in place on cruiselines. Not following the dress code is rude and discourteous to fellow passengers and down right juvenile. If the dress code is changed then that's a different story.

Ohhhh you are absolutely right. I don't think people should disregard the dress codes at all. I'm just saying why I think that they do it. For me personally, like I said, I follow all dress rules. If the dress rule is formal, I dress formal, if it is casual, then I dress casual. And when I'm cleaning my house, the sweatshirt and sweatpants go on.....LOL!!!!!:D

My daughter will be wearing tux short on the 2nd formal night on carnival. We follow the rules. However when these rules were written these shorts were not avalible. If young men can were tux shorts so can women. These are long short unlike alot of skirts and dresses.

You know what it is Caviargal.....the whole world is not as formal as it used to be. I am from NY...born and bred. When I was a little girl and my parents would take me into the "city" for a show at Radio City or a dinner or whatever, I had to get dressed up. A nice dress with those tights that the little girls used to wear in the 60's and patent leather shoes. My mother would never ever put pants on me to just walk around Manhattan. As the time went on the world got more relaxed and casual. It's just the way of the world now. It is even like that in business. Twenty five years ago when I first started working I would only wear dresses or suits. Now we can wear pants and even jeans. So I guess the cruiselines are the same. I also remember when my parents would cruise back in the 60's and 70s. For non formal nights my mom would always wear a dress and my dad would be in a suit. On the formal nights my mom would be in a gown with her mink stole and my dad in a tux. Everything has changed, unfortunately. I think it's very nice to get dressed up. I like getting dressed up. For me, I dress appropriately for the occassion/venue. If I am going to a nice restaurant, I will usually wear a nice pants suit or dress. If I am going to a baseball game I will wear jeans and sneakers. I guess some people don't feel the same way.

Sandi, I am northeast born and bred, just minutes from Manhattan. I agree with everything you said.

I still dress for dinner even though I live in FL and still dress up for Broadway shows in the city and for special events wherever I travel. It just does not seem as special when the folks next to you are in sweats and sneakers, does it?:confused:

Whenever am I in Europe, I am reminded of how very casual - and often sloppy - many have become in this country. I alwyas admire the fashionable way ladies and men put their outfits together in Italy, France, etc., so this is definitely more a sign of the times in the US than worldwide...thankfully.

Sandi, I am northeast born and bred, just minutes from Manhattan. I agree with everything you said.

I still dress for dinner even though I live in FL and still dress up for Broadway shows in the city and for special events wherever I travel. It just does not seem as special when the folks next to you are in sweats and sneakers, does it?:confused:

Whenever am I in Europe, I am reminded of how very casual - and often sloppy - many have become in this country. I alwyas admire the fashionable way ladies and men put their outfits together in Italy, France, etc., so this is definitely more a sign of the times in the US than worldwide...thankfully.

I guess some people have the mindset that "it's their vacation, they paid for it so they can wear what they want". Yes they paid for it and it is their vacation but they really should dress accordingly. On my upcoming cruise, if one night my husband and I don't feel like dressing, then we will just go up to the Lido and eat up there. No problem.

I also find for myself that when I look good, I feel good. Now if I can only find a pair of dressy shoes that look great but have the comfort of slippers, then I will be ok...LOL!!!:D I have very bad feet and I don't think they have invented a comfortable pair of shoes for me yet. So while I do dress accordingly and pair my outfits with the right type of shoes, my feet do suffer for it, unfortunately. :(

Archived