How is Cozumel for just walking around?

trilinearmipmap

There are quite a few shops within walking distance. Many nice bars to grab a beer too and watch the world pass by.

I think you will enjoy what Cozumel has to offer traveling by foot.

Is there much to do in Cozumel as far as walking, sightseeing on foot, shopping etc. if we don't sign up for a tour? And are things accessible from the cruise dock or do we need to take a taxi into town?

We were there about a month ago and spent a good part of the day just wandering around. If you go a couple of blocks off the waterfront area, the crowds thin out and things seem to slow down. Also, the prices are cheaper and the shopkeepers seemed to barter more freely. Made out fine even with my rudimentary Spanish and had a great time.

Tanker4

That is what we did back in the beginning of March. I had read here on CC that people have taken a tour of the island by taxi. So we decided to try it. We were at Senor Frogs and walked out to the cabs right there - they guy that we talked with explained where he would take us and then told us 50.00 -we got him down to 40.00. It was awesome. He took us over to the east side of the island "the wild side" and stopped at 3 bars for us to get drinks and just chill out! It was the best $$ paid. We liked it so much we are going back next year to stay for the week!

That is what we did back in the beginning of March. I had read here on CC that people have taken a tour of the island by taxi. So we decided to try it. We were at Senor Frogs and walked out to the cabs right there - they guy that we talked with explained where he would take us and then told us 50.00 -we got him down to 40.00. It was awesome. He took us over to the east side of the island "the wild side" and stopped at 3 bars for us to get drinks and just chill out! It was the best $$ paid. We liked it so much we are going back next year to stay for the week!

We want to go snorkeling w/Dalila Divers, and then around the island. We can't decide on a car rental or a taxi. Do you "hire" the taxi for a few hours, and do they wait for you while you were able to have a relaxing drink and enjoy yourselves? I hate it when I feel like someone is waiting for me--that's the main reason we'd rent a car, but a taxi would be easier.

Is there much to do in Cozumel as far as walking, sightseeing on foot, shopping etc. if we don't sign up for a tour? And are things accessible from the cruise dock or do we need to take a taxi into town?

I see you are on the explorer of the seas, you will dock at the international pier, and that is a little to far (IMO) to walk into town.

Have a great vacation...:)

Last couple of times that is all we did. Got off the ship and head south shopping taking pictures etc. Eventually got to Pancho's Backyard ate lunch and then took taxi back to the ship.

Last time I was in Cozumel (Jan 07) we were docked at Punta Langosta (in town) so we just walked around in town for 8 hours. We stopped to eat and we stopped at the internet/telephone place to make a few calls and use the internet. I think the internet was $2.00 for 30 minutes. I don't remember how much the phone service was but it wasn't very much to call the U.S.

Archived