Miami Debarkation Excursions

Being paranoid, my boyfriend and I made flight reservations to leave at 5:15pm on the Sunday we return to Miami on the Valor. It now occurs to us that we've likely been overly cautious, and may be spending a great deal of time at the airport.

Has anyone done the Art Deco excursion after debarkation? Good? Bad? And does anyone know the cost?

It's rather appealing, since I imagine that Carnival would hold our luggage while we played tourist for a few hours before our flight...

Thanks!:)

Being paranoid, my boyfriend and I made flight reservations to leave at 5:15pm on the Sunday we return to Miami on the Valor. It now occurs to us that we've likely been overly cautious, and may be spending a great deal of time at the airport.

Has anyone done the Art Deco excursion after debarkation? Good? Bad? And does anyone know the cost?

It's rather appealing, since I imagine that Carnival would hold our luggage while we played tourist for a few hours before our flight...

Thanks!:)

Is this the South Beach tour? If so, we took it Jan. 2006. We had a 3:00 flight and had hoped to do the Everglades Excursion, but the guy onboard at the excursion desk said it was too risky. Sometimes they get delayed at the Everglades.

We reluctantly took the South Beach tour and it was OK. The bus driver drove us around for a little while, then dropped us off in South Beach for 2 hours for shopping, etc. At first we thought, HUH!!! since we'd done enough shopping. However, we just wandered over to the beach and walked for a little while, then found a restaurant a couple of streets over that had outdoor seating and very good hamburgers. Can't remember the price of the excursion, but I'm guessing $30. to $35.00 each.

It wasn't great - just OK - but better than sitting at the airport for several hours. They do keep your luggage below the bus and keep the doors of the bus locked so your carry-on bags are secure.

It also was a very nice, relaxing end to the cruise.

Next January, we'll be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale & flying into FLL so will be able to go on the Everglades Excursion, unless NWA changes our flight like they did last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a similar question as well. I'm departing from FLL at 3:55pm on Saturday. Will be returing form the Carnival Triumph but checking on Carnival's website, the everglades tour they have only provide transportation back to Miami Airport. Does anyone know if there are any that provide transportation back to FLL.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Archived