Ok to drink the water on the ships?

Lefty888

I recently had a friend/acquaintance who returned from a Western Carib. cruise...she said that she was asking a Carnival employee about water and bottled water..and the employee/girl said "don't bother buying bottled water..the fountain water at the drink stations is imported spring water!!" And said that most people don't know this. IS THIS TRUE?? anyone else heard this? Now, you're not showering in spring water..but the drinking water is fresh?? hmmm...... It was a newer ship but I can't remember which one!!

I recently had a friend/acquaintance who returned from a Western Carib. cruise...she said that she was asking a Carnival employee about water and bottled water..and the employee/girl said "don't bother buying bottled water..the fountain water at the drink stations is imported spring water!!" And said that most people don't know this. IS THIS TRUE?? anyone else heard this? Now, you're not showering in spring water..but the drinking water is fresh?? hmmm...... It was a newer ship but I can't remember which one!!

They have a de-salinization (sp) plant on board. The water is fine to drink. I drank it on my last cruise from the bathroom when I was in my cabin and it was totally fine.

They have a de-salinization (sp) plant on board. The water is fine to drink. I drank it on my last cruise from the bathroom when I was in my cabin and it was totally fine.

Agree... and it's free and you don't have to smuggle it on board. :rolleyes:

Never heard anything about imported spring water being used at the drink stations or water fountains but do know that the tap water (as well as drink stations and water fountains) all taste good to me and DH & I drink quite a bit of water on our cruises.

Some people who have trouble with salt in their diet have posted that they believe the desalinated water causes their fingers and ankles to swell, however. Personally I have trouble with my ankles and fingers swelling on any vacation I take to hot, humid climates so I don't think it is due to the ship's water.

Dianne

We brought two empty water bottles with us in our checked luggage and just filled them with tap water. It tasted just fine and we didn't need to waste luggage space/weight carrying on water or money on shipboard bottled water.

I drink a lot of water....it is my drink of choice, even with meals. I found the tap water on the Conquest to have a decent taste, and I drank it while in my cabin throughout the cruise. However, I could not stand the taste of the tap water on the Fantasy, so I paid the inflated price for the bottled water they place in the cabins. In the dining room of the Fantasy, I ordered lemon with my water to make it taste better. My advice would be to try the ship's tap water, and drink it if you like the taste; don't drink it if it tastes nasty like Fantasy's water does.

Archived