Captain's Circle Photography

DevilMike

We won! It was back in the fall of 2001. We had submittted a picture from our Western cruise that we took on Princess Cay. Got an email about July that told us we had won and we received a cruise for two including all transfers and airfare. We choose to go to Alaska and sailed in July of 2002 on the Star. I will try to attach our winning pic.

Slide01.jpg.f9da478b18fcb30942d7b424f993df2c.jpg

Just a guess, but my theory is that anything that includes Princes--be it ship, logo, etc.--in the photo has a better shot. I've seen some winners that, photographically speaking, don't compare with some of my shots or those of my friends, but have won. They weren't awful, but they always had a Princess connection.

Take the best shot from your cruise, post-process it if possible (Photoshop, etc.) then blow it up to 8x10 and send it in...mail it, along with a sheet that has your name, cabin, sailing, and a description of the shot in less than 25 words. Address is the corporate HQ address with Attn: Captain's Circle Photography added on. MY PICTURE

Just a guess, but my theory is that anything that includes Princes--be it ship, logo, etc.--in the photo has a better shot

What is interesting is when they published our winning photo in the quarterly magazine they did not show the ship in the background, it was cut out and really just showed the kids. In fact, they totally changed the facts around and said we were on the Grand when we were on the Sea Princess. I personally think your verbage has to be very descriptive to catch their eye, but who knows.

Just a guess, but my theory is that anything that includes Princes--be it ship, logo, etc.--in the photo has a better shot. I've seen some winners that, photographically speaking, don't compare with some of my shots or those of my friends, but have won. They weren't awful, but they always had a Princess connection.

I have entered the contest and not won anything and I have had a professional graphics person say I had great pics. Many of the pics that have won haven't had Princess logos or ships in them and some are downright bland and colorless (like one that won from a Tahitian cruise once). I don't know who picks the winners but they don't always have the best eye in my opinion (and that's not because I haven't won).

I'm still going to enter on my two sailings coming up -- maybe I'll get lucky, win, and then I can say to the Princess rep: "I have a booking under deposit; what say you just comp me that one?"

Archived