Info on Miracle

dfishner

We just sailed on the Miracle last month for March Break. I thought the ship was very easy to navigate even though first look I thought OMG THIS THING IS HUGE!! The decor, to us, was more "fun" rather than "garish". I'd rather have fun and bright than all demur and subdued anyday.

I never saw the dining room with the pink grapes, but the purple ones didn't look bad. Didn't much look like grapes either to me. I was surprised as well that there are only two dinner seatings, but the dining room will hold 1300 people at one sitting (2 levels) so this works. Our family had a booth for 4 people and it was perfect for us. Food was great and the presentation was lovely. Not sure if the desserts were a little on the bland side though or I was just stuffed by the time we got to them. Loved our wait staff; lots of fun there too.

I wasn't overly impressed with the buffet food. You won't starve but it wasn't my first choice for dining. We ate there for dinner one night and thankfully weren't all that hungry in the first place so it wasn't too much of a hardship for us. The deli was delicious though and remained that way all week. My son and his gf liked the pizza but it didn't thrill me too much - probably cause there were just too many other choices to waste my precious stomach room on pizza.

Rooms were tastefully done, plenty of room. Room service, although limited, was prompt and delicious. Really nice to have that option on excursion days when we didn't want to take the time for a full breakfast.

I'd definitely sail on the Miracle again. Staff were friendly and always had a cheery smile for you. They all work very hard to please. BTW we sailed Western too; eastern is this July on Princess so we'll see what the differences are then.

Kim

Well thanks for all the information on the Miracles after seeing some of the pictures I had to laugh especially when some have said it was toned down. Hate to see what toned up looks like but it did look interesting and whimsical. For some reason I thought it was going to be similar to the Radiance class of ships but I can see I was mistaken but still it would not stop me from trying it since all the reviews have been so favorable and I like the ports and I also can see I would not be bored cruising her.

The purple grapes on the ceiling in the Bacchus and Ariadne dining rooms used to be pink!! :eek: When we were on the Miracle they were in the process of changing over the colors so we had a mix of both. Purple looks muuuuuuuuuuuuch better! :D

Ahhh, it was October when they made the change. I knew it was sometime in the fall. My wife's fav color is purple so I am used to purple and it didn't look that bad. Pink might have made me laugh...LOL Thanks for your info. Cruise Critic is where I first found out they were changing the dinning room. A lot of good info on these boards if you can wade through the personal preferences.

these are stateroom doors? :eek: there's too much goin' on there for me, LOL, and decor doesn't usually bother me. are the hallways riddled w/ these mural type things? it must be like walking through a fun house.:eek:

I think it's like walking through Disney!

I'm looking foward to your review Sandi. I hope they find some fabulous NYC style entertainment to put on this ship and also a friendly and competent staff and crew. Please let us hear from you when you return. We will be on the Miracle in July. Finally found a place for the FIVE of us to stay POST cruise in NYC as well (per our previous discussion).

Christi

I hope you arent expecting "NYC style entertainment" all the ships draw their singers and dancers from the same talent agency in Miami. The vast majority of staff and crew that was on the prior to drydocking will be on afterwards. They never have on an entirely new crew, unless its a brand new ship.

Archived