single supplment?

Lorelle

Lorelle

It depends on the rate you book at and for which sailing. Generally if you get a highly reduced rate the single rate is double minus one set of port charges. On sailings with high availablility there are sometimes single deals for 150% of the double rate, occationally as low 125%. In general Celebrity is pretty expensive for singles.

Usually the single supplement is double the PP rate minus one set of port charges and departure tax.If a particular cruise has a lot of empty cabins,you could probably get a better rate.

Celebrity and RCI pretty much only offer singles a break if they need to fill cabins. And almost never below 150% even then.

The best resource is yourowncabin.com followed by the "happy hour" specials released every Tuesday. There's a TA who posts those every week, but don't think we are allowed to say that anymore...

I think you'll find the web page I mentioned has the same info as your own cabin and it is free. The your own cabin was $20 every 6 months but has recently gone up and I'm not sure how much it is now. I still have a subscription, but have been getting pretty much same info on the free site! :)

Hi Gail, Hi Matt.....:)....yep, I saw that new site too!...hopefully I will be able to find a cruise from them in 2005...this is getting very strange now.......:eek: 5 weeks till I sail.....and nothing booked after that......:(

Earl and I are doing 12/4 Century. It's at 200% but the price is so low that it's a steal with Amber. And I know you love the Century. Earl got round trip, direct flights from Baltimore on SW for $49 each way! Can't beat that! Maybe they have a cheap Jax to FLL too? I'm flying out of TLH so it'll cost me about $200. We can shop for Xmas! :)

Earl and I are doing 12/4 Century. It's at 200% but the price is so low that it's a steal with Amber. And I know you love the Century. Earl got round trip, direct flights from Baltimore on SW for $49 each way! Can't beat that! Maybe they have a cheap Jax to FLL too? I'm flying out of TLH so it'll cost me about $200. We can shop for Xmas! :)

Gail - Was the price on the web site for the Dec. 4 cruise the total for a single passenger? It was a really low price, but it said it wasn't actually a single price, just a good deal for that sailing so I didn't know if I would have to double that price or if that was it. If that's it I might try to do this cruise, wonderful price!!

Terri

Hi Gail......I can't go the first week of December...paritally due to work and partially due to finances...or lack of them at this point.

My t/a is doing it single under a thousand, just a little over a hundred a day which is always my budget! Earl is taking his son and even with the extra port charges his came in under a thousand. :D

Lois,

We have to find you a job where you can cruise more! LOL!!! :)

Gail, next month will be my 3rd cruise this year. I know you are a Dental Hygienst right?

You have a much more liberal occupation with better pay.

I am not complaining...3 cruises in one year? I would be a total fool to complain....

I will probably have to wait until the Spring in order to cruise again, without feeling like I am going into major debt.

Gail - I'm trying to book a cabin on this cruise. I sent them an email, but we now seem to be playing pone tag. The current prices expire tonight so I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this or not, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Terri

You're right, 3 is good! No, I'm not a hygenist. My next door neighbor is one. I don't work. At least not right now. Nothing is interesting me except cruising.

Terri,

I sent Amber an email to the personal account. Didn't know which one you where using.

Gail - I used the website's email address. I finally did talk to her. Supposedly all the cabins available at that price have been sold, but she thinks she can get me that deal. She's supposed to call me back tonight even if it's late so hopefully I will hear from her soon. I would love to be able to do this. I do hope it's sooner than later because I'm starting to get nervous about this, silly I know, but I really want to go on this cruise!

Terri

Good News! Or maybe I should have said not quite official yet, but good news. She talked to Celebrity and it looks like everything is all set. Only problem is it can't be official until tomorrow because the person that can do the overrides to get me the good price is not there tonight, but will be there in the morning. But they did put me in the system at the great price so it's looks like I'm there! :D :D :D This will make 4 cruises on Century in 2 years, I do so love that ship!!

Thanks Gail for getting in touch with her for me!!

Terri (Who is a very happy camper!!!)

Yep!! I can't wait! I've got the cruise next month, but I'm already getting excited about this one! I'm so glad this worked out. I had planned to go to Jamaica to an all inclusive in November, but this is going to be so much better, I think. And since the ship stops in Jamaica I still will be there.

Terri

hi, I will be glad to....but it will have to be this evening...I am here at work..shhhh....LOL

Its listed on my favorite key from home!

Archived