Renaissance Hotel--Hotwire

JMA

I just stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on March 2nd, and got it through Hotwire for about $115, plus tax. I'm now checking for next Feb's cruise, and the price is up to $284. Anybody know why or if the price will come down??

Jane

The price is high because it is high season in Florida. It will stay high until such time as the hotel's management decides to lower it to stimulate sales. Their goal is to sell their inventory at that price, but to take whatever steps are necessary to in fact sell all their inventory.

I got this hotel on priceline for $110 plux tax, for end of this month. Was wondering if anyone knows what the taxi fare from airport is and from hotel to Port Everglades.

Hi nanbill47,

We just did the Renaissance hotel to the pier last month. We were at Pier 4 and the taxi was a short 5 minute drive, @ $5.50 + tip. Call down to the concierge desk and ask them to call a taxi for you, then go downstairs and exit the hotel, and walk to the left and wait on your taxi. We we went downstairs there was a about 50 people waiting; most were on buses, but some were waiting for a taxi. We got the first taxi to arrive because the driver had our name. Nice hotel.

We were on the Maasdam that usually uses pier 26, but for some reason it was over at one of the Princess piers. The price would be higher to the far end of the harbor. What ship are you on and I could guess the pier and distance. Caribbean Princess people could actually walk to their ship from the Renaissance, but the luggage would be a hassle. Airport taxi cost $12 + tip.

Have a great cruise!

Kel:)

Thanks for the fast reply. We are on the Regent Mariner and leaving on the 27th of this month. Had a hard time decideing where to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, haven't beem there before. Did you do any sightseeing while you were there? We will only be there for the day and will probably be tired from the flight but thought we might take water taxi on something since we won't be able to check into the hotel until afternoon. Nancy

I just stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on March 2nd, and got it through Hotwire for about $115, plus tax. I'm now checking for next Feb's cruise, and the price is up to $284. Anybody know why or if the price will come down??

Jane

Jane, I booked it last month for next February for $112+ on Hotwire. I'd wait a little and check back again. It changes all the time.

Cynthia

Thanks for the fast reply. We are on the Regent Mariner and leaving on the 27th of this month. Had a hard time decideing where to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, haven't beem there before. Did you do any sightseeing while you were there? We will only be there for the day and will probably be tired from the flight but thought we might take water taxi on something since we won't be able to check into the hotel until afternoon. Nancy

Nancy,

Might look into a car rental; many times it's the same cost as all the taxi rides. In addition, you can store your bags in the car and check out the entire area. You can drop everone off at the ship on embarkation day and most rental car companies have a shuttle back to the ship. When I rent a car I usually take a taxi back to the ship to speed up the process.

I can only guess as to the pier Regent uses, but most of the small ships use pier 22, or 23.

Pier map:

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

Have a great cruise.

Kel

THe Taxis have a minimum of $10 from Hotels on 17th to the Pier. It is posted on the cars.

Ron

Ron,

It said $5.50 on the meter, but you probably correct. I gave the drive $15 because it was not much of a fare for him. In addition, he was a nice guy, and we have had some really surley drivers in FLL.

Kel:)

Kel, Thats a great map! Our docs say pier 35 which I can't even find. We must be at the very end. Don't know about renting a car. we really don't like to figure out our way around in a new area. Hope the taxi driver can find the ship though. Nancy

Kel, Thats a great map! Our docs say pier 35 which I can't even find. We must be at the very end. Don't know about renting a car. we really don't like to figure out our way around in a new area. Hope the taxi driver can find the ship though. Nancy

Nancy,

Not to worry. Each entrance to the port has signs that indicate which pier each ship is docked at.:)

Have a great cruise!

Kel

We are also looking for a pre-cruise place in FLL for Sept. Hotwire & Priceline make me kinda nervous. How do you know which hotels are in which group. I figured we'd go for something cheap like Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton, etc...but if we could get Renaissance or Embassy Suites, that would be a real treat. Any tips for these websites?

We are also looking for a pre-cruise place in FLL for Sept. Hotwire & Priceline make me kinda nervous. How do you know which hotels are in which group. I figured we'd go for something cheap like Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton, etc...but if we could get Renaissance or Embassy Suites, that would be a real treat. Any tips for these websites?

workinmom3,

If you need a hotel room for Sept 14th -- hotwire has a "4-Star hotel in Las Olas -- Downtown" for $122 + tax. The Amenities will be: Fitness Center, Restaurants, High speed internet, Pools, and Business Center. It is also listed as a "Best Buy". This hotel is the Renaissance.

You might be able to do a little better on Priceline???

If you need a room with double beds you just have to take your chances and ask at arrival. Sometimes you can get a roll-a-way in a King room??

Non-smoking hotel.

Good luck!

Kel

workinmom3,

If you need a hotel room for Sept 14th -- hotwire has a "4-Star hotel in Las Olas -- Downtown" for $122 + tax. The Amenities will be: Fitness Center, Restaurants, High speed internet, Pools, and Business Center. It is also listed as a "Best Buy". This hotel is the Renaissance.

You might be able to do a little better on Priceline???

If you need a room with double beds you just have to take your chances and ask at arrival. Sometimes you can get a roll-a-way in a King room??

Non-smoking hotel.

Good luck!

Kel

We booked this hotwire deal for the cruise we took in December and thought the hotel was terrific! I was able to call ahead, a few days after making the reservation, and request the room type that I wanted, as well as a port view. They were very accomodating; in fact, the Renaissance probably has one of the friendliest staffs that I've ever encountered at a hotel.

Hotwire deals can be addictive. I don't ever plan on paying full price again!!

Archived