Just Curious

jmk22574

I know this might sound like a silly question, but this will be my first cruise and I'm just curious about when you board the ship, what part of the ship are you actually entering? We'll be on the Noordam just in case it differs with each ship.

Right smack in the middle. You can easily orient yourself if you study the deck plan before you go. I believe you embark right at the Atrium but for some reason I am spacing that part :o .

Right smack in the middle. You can easily orient yourself if you study the deck plan before you go. I believe you embark right at the Atrium but for some reason I am spacing that part :o .
Correct - Main Deck, dead center when docked, but if you tender at any port it will be from/to A deck, closer to the waterline.

JTL, is there anything you don't know? My name for you is "Mr. Encyclopedia":)
Oh yes, tons! There's many on this board that beat me hands down: dakrewser/Dave, bepsf/Brian, Copper10-8/John to name just a few. I just remember details of what I've learned here (and on cruises) and just repeat it!

Are you in/near Carnation? My best friend in high school and college rommate lives there. Dan T on Tolt Hill Road. Know him?

I know Tolt Hill Road, and I know a few Dans, but no combo of the two. I don't live in or near Carnation. It's very pretty country out there.:)

Karin

(sorry to jmk, original poster. We CC'ers get sidetracked all the time around here;) ).

I've boarded the Noordam twice in New York. Both times I boarded on Lower Promenade, mid-ship, starboard side. Disembarkation was at the same place.

Right next to the glass elevators (heading aft) there's a doorway to the gangway.

Now that I think of it, that's also where I boarded when the Noordam was in Boston before her inaugural, too.

I've boarded the Noordam twice in New York. Both times I boarded on Lower Promenade, mid-ship, starboard side. Disembarkation was at the same place.

Right next to the glass elevators (heading aft) there's a doorway to the gangway.

Now that I think of it, that's also where I boarded when the Noordam was in Boston before her inaugural, too.

I think deck is determined by the tide.

Hmmm ... I guess it varies by port, or port facilities. Some ports have ramps that can be raised or lowered, and some go directly to the pier. :o But for the original OP: at least we all agree that it's midships, right near the atrium. :D

Oh yes, tons! There's many on this board that beat me hands down: dakrewser/Dave, bepsf/Brian, Copper10-8/John to name just a few. I just remember details of what I've learned here (and on cruises) and just repeat it!

Remember the difference between a teacher and a student is the number of pages you've read in the text book!

:rolleyes:

Archived