Last minute booking questions.

Kay129

Hi,

Planning to sail the Triumph 2/19/05. Looking at the Empress Deck, heard great things, and I'm pricing both inside (4D) and balcony (8B.) Am I able to book thru Carnival w/ airfare and later change my reservation to NOT include airfare?

Is Carnival's travel insurance good? Does it cover whatever important situations you should be covered for?

Is it best to get a room number instead of a guarantee since this is a holiday week?

Will I be able to get credit if the price drops AFTER i'm paid in full?

Rants/raves for Empress Deck or any specific rooms within my categories on Triumph? Or things I should be wary of?

Any other advice for a newbie or general comments about the Triumph? Found lots of good stuff doing a board search earlier, but very willing to hear more!!

I really appreciate all the great help I've gotten on this board, Thanks for any answers to these particular questions :)

Booking airfare through Carnival is the same as doing it on your own in the sense that if you cancel, you are still imposed fees for cancellation... It's up to you on the Guar/Cabin... if you want to chance a guarantee, book the minimum you would be happy with. If the price drops, you may be able to get an upgrade or a ship credit, depending on who you are working with, etc... just keep an eye on the pricing...

Have fun!

You may cancel air through Carnival prior to final payment and pay no charge.

We booked a gty last time our first. We need a quad and will never again book a gty.

We are on the Miracle the same week. We got our air back when prices opened for the return date. Prices are much much higher now.

I would definitely take the cruise air and keep looking for cheaper air.

For insurance try :http://www.insuremytrip.com

You may cancel air through Carnival prior to final payment and pay no charge.

The only exception to that is if you use Carnival's Custom Air arrangements. For example, you can choose a specific carrier or routing, juggle dates, etc for an additional fee. If you cancel the air arrangements later, even if you're outside the normal penalty period, you will still forfeit the Custom Air fee.

Archived