Lunch options in Long Beach

improvman

Our flight gets into LAX at 10:15 AM. I'm not counting on reaching Long Beach Harbor by 11 AM for early checkin. If we don't end up boarding until 2 or so, we'll be starving by then. I don't want to eat an expensive meal on the Queen Mary, either. Is there anyplace on the harbor to pick up a sandwich or inexpensive meal, or should I eat at the airport?

Thanks.

With the plane coming in at 10:15 (with no delays), once you collect your luggage and get out of the airport (are you taking a cab, supershuttle or transfer?) and drive to the port you should be able to check your luggage and begin boarding. Traffic to the port will take a while....

Our flight gets into LAX at 10:15 AM. I'm not counting on reaching Long Beach Harbor by 11 AM for early checkin. If we don't end up boarding until 2 or so, we'll be starving by then. I don't want to eat an expensive meal on the Queen Mary, either. Is there anyplace on the harbor to pick up a sandwich or inexpensive meal, or should I eat at the airport?

Thanks.

Never eat at the airport if you don't have to...

I guess the first question is how you are getting from LAX to the pier...

I take it that either its shuttle or taxi...if so, you're likely heading right to the pier...since you'll have luggage to unload...

If you want to kill a little time and get on the ship later, there are free shuttles that will take you around the Long Beach harbor/downtown area...

http://www.visitlongbeach.com/listings/index.cfm?action=cover&catID=22

You can drop your luggage with the ship, then catch a shuttle over to either Shoreline Village or the area around Ocean and Pine...there are several restaurants in those areas at which you can get a nice lunch...I'd recommend

Shoreline Village...Several places to get a bite here:

http://www.shorelinevillage.com/GreatFood01.html

...and you can wander around a little and head back over and check into the ship whenever you want...

Archived