A very unfunny prank aboard Carnival

npeters

Orcrone and DivingGirl-

Thanks for the thoughts!!! I too am so grateful to be here, and yes an illness like that can put life into perspective!!! I love snorkeling almost as much as I did scuba. The fact is everytime I get to snorkel I am soooo grateful for the opportunity I hardly think about scuba now.:D

I am sorry if some thought that I was stereotyping, that was not my intent. Like JHannah I have witnessed the Carnival ships in port and just noticed a huge difference, HAL passengers tend to get on the ship without whooping and hollering. Maybe that the folks on the Carnival Ship are having more fun!

None the less, think I will stay with HAL for now....:cool:

We've been on 7 cruises and 3 of them were Carnival, with the rest on NCL and Royal Caribbean. Our first HAL cruise will be this Thanksgiving week. I don't think the Carnival passengers were any rowdier than those on the other cruises, although there is a different atmosphere on the Carnival ships. What irks us the most on all the cruises, no matter which cruise line, we have taken are the rowdy and misbehaved children! We are hoping there won't be many children on the HAL cruise. I know that children today are not taught the manners and respect we were taught growing up back in the 50's and 60's and the attitude seems to be now that children rule. I don't know how the parents could possibly enjoy themselves with children who constantly misbehave, especially in the pools, in the dining rooms, and on the elevators. Leave them at home....please! There are many kids who do know how act appropriately, but it's been our experience on 7 cruises that the majority do not.

I think so Marc. It was discussed on the addicts community board sometime last week.
Thanks Maureen. I hope that they give him more than a slap on the wrist. Anyone tries it on our cruise I have two words for him, "man overboard".:mad:

I don't think I would have exactly headed for the life boat at that anouncememnt without hearing the ship's general alarm first. Call it Navy training, or call it attention to detail but when the lifeboat safety drill took place on the CCL ship I was on they made it quite clear that the ship's general alarm would sound in the case of an emergency and what to listen for. Those alarms can only come from the bridge.

This still does not excuse this. It is a serious matter and I'm sure there will be steps taken to avoid this in the future. Let us hope that no other cruisers have to endure this again.

Archived