DH and formal night

sharod

DH bought a suit right before Christmas for our upcoming cruise. The other day I sent him to the clothing store to purchase one more shirt to go with it. Well, lo and behold he comes home with ANOTHER suit, 2 dress shirts, 1 tie, 6 pairs of dress socks, and another pair of shoes!!!!

Does anyone elses DH get excited over formal night like my DH? Is he trying to compete with me over room in the garment bag?

Trust me, I am not complaining. Actually I am happy that he is so excited about the cruise, and dressing up. You should have seen him yesterday picking out his clothes to pack. He was just like a kid in a candy shop:p !

We're doing a transatlantic on costa magica May 4. I told hubby he could just bring a suit, no problem, but he insists he wants to bring his tuxedo! Ok, as long as he doesn't mess it up. He needs it again June 2 for our son's wedding!!!!

jettaleea

hehehe--I have noticed that when my DH goes shopping for himself, he picks out a lot more stuff than what he might if he has been assisted with his purchases by a salesgirl. Numerous times he and I will go shopping and I will go off for awhile in another dept for me. I come back to see how he is doing and of course, a salesgirl is helping him and he has a stack of things. He may have her help him pick out the one or two items he needed and then of course you need things to coordinate with it and the stack just grows. :p

Thankfully, I am a savvy shopper and have a strong influence on him. :D

Mine does it too. For our beach wedding, I told him he didn't have to wear a tux; he could wear khakis and a dress shirt. He was crushed when I suggested it. He pouted at me and said "You mean I can't wear my tux? Why not?"

He's been shopping on his own :eek: for a different vest and tie for his tux for the formal nights. He's got about 7 catalogs he's browsing through. He calls himself a "woman-like" shopper.

I love it though. It's nice to see him dressed up in something besides his Dress Blues, which is totally hot too! :D

Sweet man! I think with some men there is this macho thing about cruising

.They may really enjoy it but it is not manly to admit to the fact that they

like to take "wuzzy" cruises . It's okay to brag about the golf trip and lovingly

wash all your clubs and painstakingly purchase the best balls but don't show

enthusiasm re formal night tux, wrap around balcony, lotus spa treatments

yada yada:D:D. It might just ruin the male mystique! :rolleyes:The only thing that's

really a comfort issue to discuss might be the ship gym! Am I a little hostile?:eek:

No it's just a hilarious observation I have noted with my sweet DH...Anyone else?

Sweet man! I think with some men there is this macho thing about cruising

.They may really enjoy it but it is not manly to admit to the fact that they

like to take "wuzzy" cruises . It's okay to brag about the golf trip and lovingly

wash all your clubs and painstakingly purchase the best balls but don't show

enthusiasm re formal night tux, wrap around balcony, lotus spa treatments

yada yada:D:D. It might just ruin the male mystique! :rolleyes:The only thing that's

really a comfort issue to discuss might be the ship gym! Am I a little hostile?:eek:

No it's just a hilarious observation I have noted with my sweet DH...Anyone else?

In my DH's case, I would have to substitute cleaning his guns instead of golf clubs. But he enjoys dressing up, because he wears dockers & a golf shirt to work (and he's the CFO).

In my DH's case, I would have to substitute cleaning his guns instead of golf clubs. But he enjoys dressing up, because he wears dockers & a golf shirt to work (and he's the CFO).

Mine too, either cleaning guns or the Harley. DH drives a tractor trailer for a living, so he wears navy Dickey pants and a lighter blue polo shirt. This cruise is his best opportunity to dress up:p .

Hi Everyone,

My DH doesnt like to shop for "dress up clothes" so for our first cruise this past November, I picked up everything for him... Including his docker pants.. which he is dressy for him..

He works construction so he is a jeans & t-shirt man..

We didnt do formal night on the cruise as he didnt think I got him ALL the right clothes :rolleyes: This november he wants to rent a tux on board- my question is : 7 day cruise if it is 2 formal nights - do we just rent the tux once for both nights or do we have to rent it twice? And has anyone does this before?

thanks,

kathyr

but on 1st formal night DH wore the white bib n bow..the 2nd time, a dk grey shirt w/ match tie(they came in a set from the U.K.), and he looked MAAAH vel -luss..long ties are now the norm wdk shirt n tux..so if he keeps the wht shirt clean.. or a quik rinse out..either will do..just need to ck on 1x or 2x rental..if he's out size..see if they have it or can get it..or see about resrv in advance..he can go to t tux shop in your town and get a "fit" to see what size he is..remember the pants have slider fit waists.

Too many guys think there is something...unmanly about any interest in clothes, or that "playing dress-up" is, well, sissy. Throw in the old "those clothes are too uncomfortable", and you have a mandate. Too bad for them. :)

Cheers

Mark

Hi Everyone,

My DH doesnt like to shop for "dress up clothes" so for our first cruise this past November, I picked up everything for him... Including his docker pants.. which he is dressy for him..

He works construction so he is a jeans & t-shirt man..

We didnt do formal night on the cruise as he didnt think I got him ALL the right clothes :rolleyes: This november he wants to rent a tux on board- my question is : 7 day cruise if it is 2 formal nights - do we just rent the tux once for both nights or do we have to rent it twice? And has anyone does this before?

thanks,

kathyr

When you rent it, it is yours for the duration of the cruise. At least on Carnival anyhow! :)

Mine does it too. For our beach wedding, I told him he didn't have to wear a tux; he could wear khakis and a dress shirt. He was crushed when I suggested it. He pouted at me and said "You mean I can't wear my tux? Why not?"

He's been shopping on his own :eek: for a different vest and tie for his tux for the formal nights. He's got about 7 catalogs he's browsing through. He calls himself a "woman-like" shopper.

I love it though. It's nice to see him dressed up in something besides his Dress Blues, which is totally hot too! :D

My DH also loves to buy vests to wear with his tux. Lately, he's been buying vests - and ties - to match my gowns! Gotta love that man!:D

Archived