what if your luggage does not arrive?

bahia puller

She says she owns her own hair salon.... wonder what her reaction would be if one of her customers wrote her a similar letter complaining about the hair color or perm they got at her salon.

People do not understand you will get farther with honey instead of vinegar.

haha, more like, what would happen if she got a letter about a bad perm a client got from another salon after getting a haircut at hers.

if i recevied a letter like that i would have it taped to me wall and it would be the joke of my office!

First of all I think that is an awful letter sent to Carnival . What's with the quotation marks, bold, italics, underlining, Carnival Cares stuff repeated repeatedly? Why not write a proper letter? That kind of stuff won't impress anyone in guest relations.

I really hope they sent a worse one to the airline whose fault it really was. It had nothing to do with the cruiseline at all. Why would Carnival ever take 'total responsibility' for the airlines mistakes?

Oh well.

I must agree. The letter was "tacky" ! :eek:

First of all I think that is an awful letter sent to Carnival . What's with the quotation marks, bold, italics, underlining, Carnival Cares stuff repeated repeatedly? Why not write a proper letter? That kind of stuff won't impress anyone in guest relations.

I really hope they sent a worse one to the airline whose fault it really was. It had nothing to do with the cruiseline at all. Why would Carnival ever take 'total responsibility' for the airlines mistakes?

Oh well.

I completely agree and was thinking the same thing when reading it...what's with all of these quotes, italics, "Carnival Cares" junk?? Like others have said, this letter will not get anything resolved.

I work for an airline and we get letters like this all the time, written out just like that!! On a side note it's not Carnival's responsibility on getting your bags to you, it's the airline. Carnival will do there best to keep you updated and informed and they will pick up bags from the local airport. I know Carnival is in contact with my office when a guest bag is dly into the station, and we keep them up to date as much as we can. I have to agree US Airways is not the best for handling baggage! But it does happen to all airlines, sometimes luggage is also stuck in extra screening dly it to the aircraft. I don't work for US airways but I know how my airline handles this and we take full responsibility when guest bags don't arrive at station. The reimbursement process can be a little slow at times, but just think you are not the only person dealing with reimbursement... there are many other things go on, and trust me I understand the frustration but we need to have some patients!! I have traveled and my luggage has been lost as well, I know the feeling.

I know my eye muscles are now tired from all the eye rolling during the "Carnival Cares Letter Debacle" post ... If I were in customer service, I'm not sure I would want this person back on my cruise line, unfortunately. Seems like the type of person that wants 1) something for nothing, 2) everything perfectly perfect, and 3) doesn't understand that sometimes contingencies happen and it's up to THEM to hedge the risk.

I'm a professional risk manager and while people may call me "paranoid" or "anal-retentive," I rarely experience inconveniences from contingencies because I plan for them. "If, then" analysis works wonders on the front end ...

I was on the Christmas cruise a few years back when USAIR and Delta had the major lost luggage debacle. Passengers who did not get their suitcases got $200 to spend onboard for necessities and some clothing.

While $200 does not go far, I though it was very nice for Carnival to compensate for something that was not their fault.

As for that abomination of a letter. OMG, what were they thinking??? It's a sure guarantee that the wording and almost insulting nature of repeating "Carnival Cares" every 3 lines would lead to the "circular file" for this one.

Here is a letter that was written to Carnival by one of my friends whose luggage was lost and they still haven't settled it.

To whom it may concern, March 19, 2007

RE: Western Carnival Cruise on “The Valor” March 4 – 11, 2007

I’d like to think that you will have the empathy to read this letter objectively. I would also like to think that you will take TOTAL responsibility of how your “association” treated their “guests” (customers) while being inconvenienced by the airline, that you associate yourself with. (More on that story as we continue.) Please keep in mind that we choose YOUR cruise line for our vacation. Vacations, for us, are only taken every 2 years, due to our work and financial situation.

I know that you receive thousands of letters in the mail, probably on a daily basis, but hope that I receive a personalized response that pertains to the specific situations given in this letter and would expect more than just an apology. The Internet can be a powerful tool when it comes to expressing one’s self on experiences they have encountered. Please do not brush this off as “one” of those letters and file it under “G”.

Because “CARNIVAL CARES’

I will begin on stating that our travel agent made all “our” arrangements for this long awaited trip. This was our 2nd cruise made by this agency, in which we traveled with about 10 other couples. Our last cruise was a Southern Caribbean in 2005, also with Carnival, in which it was our FIRST time cruising with your line. We have contacted our travel agent about our treatment on our recent Carnival Cruise. You will also be hearing from her and possibly others that were on the trip with us. Because ‘CARNIVAL CARES’...

Sincerely

CC

I am not at all surprised Carnival has not responded to this letter. This is one tacky, stupid letter. And it is not Carnival's fault if the airlines lost their luggage.

On my first cruise, my luggage was lost, and I never received it. Carnival helped me as much as they could. They gave me $100 OBC to buy things I needed, provided me with a couple of toiletry kits (which included a toothbrush), a few t-shirts, kept me up to date on my luggage, and helped me in every way they could. They also gave me 10 percent off of a future cruise and priority disembarkation. Of course, the difference may be that I did not take the attitude with them that "This is your fault and what are you going to do about it?!"

When I got back, I wrote a letter to Carnival to let them know how their employees went above and beyond to do everything for me they could and how much I appreciated it.

It seems from this letter that the writer seems to think it is Carnival's fault that their luggage was lost. If they took this attitude with Carnival while they were on the ship, it is no wonder Carnival did not do anything for them. I would not have, either.

Archived