Skywalk in the forest

willy paul

• 3 weeks later...

If it's the one with the suspended bridges...yes we did it. They take you to the top of the mountain/forest and you weave your way down. They will give you walking sticks...be sure to get one. You WILL use them. We were there in November and went on the morning walk. It was warm and muggy and got warmer as the morning went on. The path was quite wet and slippery and a number of places and down right muddy by the time you made it to the bottom. Our guide was very good and interesting. The forest is thick and quite beautiful. We saw a number of different birds (including a tucan) and one very big, very scary, very poisonous snake but we didn't seem to bother him and he didn't bother us. The vans and drivers were waiting with the air conditioning cranked to full force at the bottom of the forest...it was heavenly. They had fresh fruit and juice for a snack after the walk. The pinapple was amazing and the little bitty bananas were the best bananas I've ever had.

Lori

It was all down hill which is helpful. That said, it is basically a dirt path that can be slippery. There are a lot of uneven steps too. The average person person should be able to manage it but will probably be pretty tired at the end. My mom, who has had knee surgery on both knees, had a difficult time at the end. Between the steps and the mud...it did her in. The guide and our driver were WONDERFUL helping her. You do have to sign a waiver before the walk.

Lori

No, the suspension bridges are no problem unless you are freaked out about heights. They do have a bit of "bounce" as you walk across them and that could be freaky for some people. They only had 1/2 the group (about 8 or 9 people in our case) cross the bridges together. The signs said not more then 15 on the bridges at one time.

Lori

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have done the SkyTrek tour, which I believe is the same company, but while we were there waiting for our tour time, we walked up the path to the bridge, and it was very cool.

Actually, I took the most beautiful picture, from the end of the bridge (inside the forest), out, while a cloud was going through, and it looked like the bridge dissapeared into nothing. Really neat.

SkyTrek has a really great canopy tour too, if you have time to do it while you're there.

• 1 month later...

Moya - We are on Princess this coming spring and it is on their shore excursion list. Who are you sailing with?

If you search using google.com.......you will see the website called http://www.skytrek.com and next to it "translate this page." If you select that you will get it in English. It has a link to some great photos for the skywalk, skytram and zipline tours. They are all different and each has its own photo section. It says to email info@skytrek.com. I imagine you could ask them about direct reservations.

When I looked at the photos for the skywalk....it shows you having to walk up a circular stairway on this very tall (skinny) tower and then across to the first skybridge. Has anyone else done this?? From the photo, the tower looks as tall as one of the bugee towers. I generally do OK with heights and once in the jungle, on the skybridges I'd probably be fine. Somehow though, the idea of climbing up that really tall tower....well, that might be a challenge for me to do. Would love to hear comments from others who have done this tour. Thanks!

I have been researching this area for our April visit. There are at least two areas out of Puntarenas where there are suspension bridges and ziplines or cable cars. SKYWALK is in Monteverde park and the other bridge walk is south of Puntarenas at the Tarcoles River. Read the tour descriptions carefully to be sure which area you are looking at. The trip from the ship to Monteverde appears to be about 2 1/2 hours while the southern one is 90 minutes. If anyone reasing this thread has done any of these, there are q few of us that would really appreciate your comments and input.

• 1 month later...

We are on Summit leaving Ft. Lauderdale Apr. 22 and looking for others

that might be interested in going to Monteverde. It's not too clear on this

thread just which area is being discussed. If we can find the same

activities closer to Puntarenas, we might consider them. Our main interest

is the suspension bridges over the forest/jungle.

Archived