Oosterdam 5/19/07 help!

HALNEWBY

In Victoria, I would suggest Buchart Gardens. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We went in May last year and thought we might be too early for flowers, but the gardens were absolutely gorgeous.

In Juneau we did whale watching with Captain Larry of Orca Enterprises. Great time! We are going back again this year!

We have heard that many times people take the 'whale watching tours' and never see a whale.

They were right off our balcony on our last Alaske cruise. Great times. Enjoy you coffee in the morning while watching the whales !

My mother and I are also sailing on the 5/19/07 Oosterdam cruise, with the VH verandah guarantee as well. My first cruise, her second - but in this case we're old enough to be your grandmother and Mom , respectively. : ) Glad to know that younger cruisers will be part of the mix after reading some comments in other posts and on other sites. I've wanted to cruise for at least the past 20 years. I got to choose the trip and the ship and because of the last minute discounts opted for the Oosterdam vs the Amsterdam. I hope this was the right move. I'm also concerned about cabin assignment, particularly since the VH desiganted cabins are at the very front. Between the 2 of us, I'm the one more likely to have problems walking 2 blocks to dinner every evening. What are the odds of a last-minute first time cruiser being upgraded - any ideas? I'm also concerned about dinner seatings. When I booked the earlier dinners were all full and the other two "waitlisted." As a first time cruiser, my fear is that means that those are full as well. Dumb, I know. But a novice has dumb basic questions. Another question, we both have food allergies - is this something we need to consult with the cruiseline before we board, or deal with once we're on board? I'm both anxious and excited. We're both reakkt looking forward to the cruise and hope to make some connections before we sail, regardless of which cabin we end up in. I tried to find the Roll Call for this cruise, but being a newbie here, so far I haven't located one. Thanking you all in advance, Linda in DFW

Don't Worry we are both on the same boat, literally:D

Talked to my TA about the upgrade issue and I was told that the odds are with us. As mentioned before there are only 4VH rooms on the ship that probably a couple if not alot of people have booked. So they have to move us somewhere and it can only be up. As I have pleasantly found out these boards are the place to find advice. There are many obie ones' and yoda master cruisers on these boards that have done this so many times they could walk blindfolded on the ship. So don't be scared, use the search option and you will find plenty of advice...or post your questions

I noticed that you had recently joined as well, and see you already have 27 posts. Great! Not scared, just hate to ask the most basic of cruising questions. BTW, if there was already a Roll Call for this cruise, I never could find it and started one earlier this evening. If there is already one, I hope someone will politely let me know. If not, I hope you'll add your post to the roster. It would be fun to at least "meet" some fellow travelors before we arrive in Seattle.

Archived