Internet cafe

mh1973

How does the internet cafe work? What are the charges and fees to use? Would I be able to take my own laptop and get internet connection? I just want to have access to email since we are leaving the children at home.

Its been awhile so I'm not sure of the rates (I'm sure someone else can help out with that). You go to the Library on the ship and they have computers there for your use. You sign up and pay via your sea pass -- you can get a bundle of minutes (use them wisely). I believe you can also purchase minutes for your own computer use.

Personally, I use the cruise line computers so I don't have to lug my laptop with me.

How does the internet cafe work? What are the charges and fees to use? Would I be able to take my own laptop and get internet connection? I just want to have access to email since we are leaving the children at home.

Internet access is 75 cents a minute or 55 dollars for 100 minutes or 100 dollars for 250 minutes (?) plus a 4 dollar set-up fee whether you use their computers or your own. WiFi access for your laptop depends on the ship, on some ships you have to sit close to the cafe, but on other ships it might work in your room. I used the cafe and my travel companion used his laptop.

We just got off sensation, and the internet pkg was a 3.95 set up, and then 60 minutes for like $20, which worked out to .40 a minute. The drag was once that 60 minutes was up, you had to start all over with a new pkg, either 30 or 60 minutes.

On the good side, the internet connection was fabulous!

Tammy

Archived