Spirit Review - 03/31/07

StuartLittle

Spirit Review - 03/31/07

Embarkation - Got to the pier at 11 am. My soft sided cooler with soft drinks flew right through without a question. At noon they started boarding. Everything went very smooth and we were siting by the pool by 12:20. Had to wait until about 1pm for room to be ready. Luggage arrived around 3:30 with my smuggled booze intact.

Room - Was in room 8234. It is the handicapped room with the oversized balcony. Balcony was equal to 3 normal balconies in length. We fit 4 lounge chairs on it and still had room for the 2 normal chairs and table. Kids and I slept out there a few nights. It is located below the buffet. To those bothered by noise, this is not the room for you. It doesn't really bother me as I can sleep through anything. The bathroom was huge compared to standard balcony rooms. Kids had room 8256 (inside). It was a small room, but plenty big for them.

Entertainment - We hit most of the shows. The magician and the comedian were not good at all. The R rated hypnotist was good. It was funny to watch some of the antics. The rest of the shows were average.

Nightlife - The nightlife on board was a little lower key than on past cruises I've taken. Could have been the passengers and/or the cruise director. On my conquest cruise, Todd Wittmer was the CD, and he had that ship hopping. I am more of a nightlife kind of person, so I was a little disappointed in that. For those that prefer this though, I am sure they really enjoyed it.

Food - We had the 5:45 seating at a table for just the 4 of us. Wait staff were very good. Saw one person asked to leave for wearing shorts on formal night. I didn't care either way, but noticed because he was 2 tables over from us. Overall I wasn't really impressed with the food. It was good, but not great. About what I expected. The supper club food was a little better, but not really worth the extra money. I enjoyed the ruben sandwich and a few of the buffet meals. My kids loved the food, so its all about personal tastes.

Crew - All of the crew were very cordial and attentive to their job. No complaints at all. Room service was very prompt each time we used them. Steward kept soft cooler full of ice without ever being asked and of course had our towel animal for us each night.

Ports

Acapulco had too many of the people trying to sell you stuff. Enjoyed the cliff divers. We ate at the Mirador and watched from there. The divers show is very impressive.

Zihuatanejo - Nice little area. We really enjoyed the beach. Kids and I had a blast body surfing on the waves. The waves can get quite large, so those with little ones should be a bit wary.

Manzanillo - Did the ATV ride. It was fun. Afterwards, did a little shopping and then headed over to Las Playas for the rest of the day. Ate well and soaked up some sun. We all felt this port was the most beautiful (excluding where you dock, as it's a shipping port). The people were very friendly.

Last day at sea was overcast and cool. Couldn't really sit by the pool, so we got our last minute shopping, photo purchases taken care of.

S&S bill was about 1,100 including tips. About what I expected it to be.

Overall, I enjoyed this cruise, but it wasn't one I would call GREAT. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 6 or 7. For those wanting a more laid back cruise, this would be one to consider. For those looking for a little more nightlife, you may wish to pass on it.

Archived