How can make it to the excursion on time?

travgurl

Even if the ship is at the dock, it can take quite awhile for people to get off. PhoenixCruiser is right about sihp tours going first. AND the photographers want to take each person's picture with whatever prop they have at the dock. We took a ship's tour years ago in Cozumel and the picture taking took so long our snorkeling trip was shortened.

I would say if you are tendering there is no way. If you are docked it depends on where you must meet and ask if they will wait a few minutes for you if they know the ship is in port on time.

When docked, line up early to get off, don't wait for the announcement. Mutter apologies to people waiting for pictures and ask to get by. You are under no obligation to stop for the picture but the line to get off can be hard to bypass.

Most meeting places for excursions are within a 10 minute taxi ride, except for those at the marinas on the NW coast which are 20 minutes away.

You should talk it over with your contacts and ask if they think you will make it... they should know if people from your ship are going each week..

Even if the ship is at the dock' date=' it can take quite awhile for people to get off. PhoenixCruiser is right about sihp tours going first. AND the photographers want to take each person's picture with whatever prop they have at the dock. We took a ship's tour years ago in Cozumel and the picture taking took so long our snorkeling trip was shortened.[/quote']

On our last cruise I finally had it with ships photographers holding up lines, I walk right by them, I refuse to allow them to bully me into waiting to have something done that I am not required to do. I was never stopped, although a few times they try and cajole you inot geting a photo. I do not buy them so I feel no obligation to allow them to hold me up while others have them done. That is their choice to wait to get a photo.

Island time might also be different than ships time. We are traveling in Dec. and our boat will stay on East coast time, while Cozumel is on Central time. So it is really an hour earlier on the island.

Archived