Best Reward Credit Card

The NCL MasterCard is hard to beat. It pays 3% on ALL purchases. Points convert into certificates that can be used to save on a cruise in $500 increments. You can use the certificates even if the cruise is discounted in any way. There are no space limitations like airlines do for free air travel. I've never found another card quite like it.

If you like NCL, then this is a no brainer.

Citi used to be the best. 5% at drug stores, grocery stores, and gas. 1% everywhere else (unless it's a promo, then 1-5%).

I just cashed in my points for $500 in gift cards for bed bath and beyond. They are lowering it to 2% back, so I'm going to cancel the card.

Chase freedom card is 3% back at gas, drug, grocery and 1% everywhere and you get CASH BACK, real cash. I got $200 for opening the account and a bonus $50 after my first purchase. So $250 for just getting the credit card (check will be here in 3-4 weeks). I'll probably use this as my main reward credit card for the time being.

I know that everyone like that card but I have two problems. I'm a Carnival fan and I won't have a Bank of America card so that one won't work for me.

Sadly, your boycott of BofA precludes you from obtaining the absolute best-value travel rewards card for cruisers. Everything else pales in comparison. Failing that, I'd consider a Blue Cash card from American Express, where you get 1.5% cash back on everything.

I'm looking for opinions on mileage credit cards for airline or points for cruises. Thanks for your help!

I've been using the Capital One No Hassle Miles card for several years and have flown "free" RT Ft. Lauderdale 3 times and Charlotte once. Though they don't provide cast back you can use the credits for travel expenses. It really is simple.:)

Archived