LAX hotel to San Pedro Pier

abbydancer2003

We're doing a repositioning cruise on the Island Princess next month. Our plan is to fly down (from SF) on Thursday night and stay at an airport hotel (we get in very late.) We're trying to figure out how to get to the Pier, preferably without going back to the airport. The hotel does have an airport shuttle.

I've been looking at some of the shuttle companies. It looks like we can take a shared van from Super Shuttle for 43.00 and one from Primetime for 46.00 - from the hotel. Primetime can give us a private car for 72.00 including tip. I also contacted Golden West - and their private care is 65.00, but I don't think that includes tip.

My husband is leaning towards a private car (his view is that it's a vacation, and he'd like a straightforward and relaxed ride directly to the pier).

Does anyone have any recommendations of one or another of these companies? Supershuttle's email didn't include a private car quote, and Golden West didn't include a shared van price.

Thanks much as always.

abby

• 2 weeks later...

We used a company called coolrides (coolrides.com) for our last cruise as we had too much luggage for either of our small cars. It worked out well. They have private cars. Not sure of the cost as we got picked up at our house and went straight to San Pedro (50 miles).

We used a company called coolrides (coolrides.com) for our last cruise as we had too much luggage for either of our small cars. It worked out well. They have private cars. Not sure of the cost as we got picked up at our house and went straight to San Pedro (50 miles).

Thanks. I probably will have many more questions for you before next year.

Archived