Formal dress question

vfb2girls

I ordered a received this great black long formal gown and it fits me perfectly, I am so excited. The style of it really accents the positive sides of this 50 plus body, with that being said my husband would like me to buy a red dress for the second formal night and I have searched high and low and just can't fine a dress that fits as well as the black one, would it be really stupid to order the exact same dress in red? Would people notice? I know that with the style of this dress that it will always remain classic in style..any opinions please...and the dress was really not that expensive...thanks

accessorize it different than the blk one..maybe a shawl /topper (didnt see blk one)..leopard sgoes bag, silver..go to outlets..Bealls or other off price store, if nada big enuff, tie 2 together (or stitch)..lots of leopard w/ red rose prints these days..I'm fluffy too, 16/18, w/ tummy lipo last Aug..not any smaller, just better fitting of all i have..lots of Sheer toppers..just looked at Sanctuaries also Zaftique on line..tot-ally a Fluffy Girl clothing..not high priced..hope you find a fab looking alt..post your blk one..maybe I can find it...lucky

Absolutely not! Order it in red if you like it!

I looked for a red dress for this 42 yr old body too and was unable to find one I liked. I ended up with a jade green with a black lace overlay for my second formal. I have so many formals now but seems I can always use another!

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to go ahead and order it and since it has to be hemmed before I can wear it I am going to hold out until the very last moment just in case I find something else. We live in an area where shopping is pretty limited so right now there are a lot of prom dresses on sale and such but since prom dresses are more geared to the younger crowd it has been somewhat hard to find a style that not only looks good but is age appropriate. The dress that I am ordering is long so since it is red can I get by with wearing black heels with it? I am trying to cut down on our packing since not only are we doing a 7 day cruise but we are spending 12 days touring Alaska on our own and I am trying to reduce the amount of stuff we have to haul around. Once again thank you for the suggestions.

I say if it looks good on you why not? Especailly if it makes you look very attractive. I know it is hard for me to find attractive stuff that just that right mix of "sexy" and not "grandma-ey" I am over 50 also.

Also, there is nothing wrong with you wearing the same dress both nights if you choose. Just use differant accessories.

Archived