Dining rooms on Valor

ESR24

We'll be on the Valor in just over 2 weeks! I'd like to know what dining room is recommended on the Valor. It's our first cruise and our honeymoon so we'd like a nice location.

Do they use specific dining rooms that go with the specific dining times?

Thanks!

We'll be on the Valor in just over 2 weeks! I'd like to know what dining room is recommended on the Valor. It's our first cruise and our honeymoon so we'd like a nice location.

Do they use specific dining rooms that go with the specific dining times?

Thanks!

If you read the reviews you will see that some cruisers say the aft dining room has too much vibration at times. But, they like the view to the rear of the ship.

I am going to try for the Lincoln (midship)

The midship dining room (lincoln) has the latest seatinge 6:15 & 8:30

The aft dining room (washington) was 5:45 & 8:00

You do sometimes feel a tiny bit more motion in the aft dining room but it all depends on the sea that evening.

You won't know what dining room or time you have been assigned to until you get your S&S card.

We were on the Valor at the end of March 07 and had the Lincoln Dining Room. It was great! It has windows, but it is usually getting to dark too see out there anyway...We chose the 8:30pm dinner time, it has less of families with little ones and worked for us due to the late show and dancing. We were celebrating our 28th anniversary, so as soon as we were onboard and able to go to see the Maitre D, we did, and changed our table , from seating for 8 to a table for 2. and ask for a window, we sit close to one, but most of the large tables are by the windows. It was an easy change and they were so nice, But if you want to do this, you need to go to the resturant asap, in the caper you receive upon boarding it will give a time, 1:30p- I am sure this doesn't change- its on the Deck 3.

The food is wonderful. Lobster, Seafood, Steak, Pasta, plus a SPA menu for dieters, and an alternative menu with hamburgers, chicken, ribs, etc... It was alot of fun !

Thank you for the information! We'll head right there when we get onboard! We requested the 8pm dining time so it sounds like we'll be in the Washington dining room (if they stick to how they've been doing it).

We're going to be on our honeymoon so I think we'd like a table for 2. We can't wait!

ESR...if you can request a booth. They are so much more intimate. Usually if you dont request anything they stick you with a small table in the middle of that large dining room. And youre surrounded by these huge round tables.

Anyway, just thought you could give it a try. It doesnt hurt to ask. I LOVE BOOTHS. On the valor theyre really nice.

ESR...if you can request a booth. They are so much more intimate. Usually if you dont request anything they stick you with a small table in the middle of that large dining room. And youre surrounded by these huge round tables.

Anyway, just thought you could give it a try. It doesnt hurt to ask. I LOVE BOOTHS. On the valor theyre really nice.

Are they 2-person booths?

Hi everyone this is my first carnival cruise and even thou our cruise is over a year away we are wait listed for late dining. Have never had this happen before what are the odds we will get late dining? Do you have an option on which dining room you are in?

No, you can't choose either your dining time, table, or which dining room. All that will be decided for you. All requests are just that - requests. No one except Platinum-status passengers get their exact choice. The Maitre d', however, will do his best if you ask him for a change.

Archived