Flight times

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but here it goes. What is the earliest time I can book flight the morning of departure? I am booked on the Freedom for next March. I have always booked my flight after 2pm, but it seems we are always off the boat so early and get stuck hanging around the airport. At the Ft. Lauderdale airport they won't even let you check your bags if you are to early. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaycee

Try and book around noon, if there is a flight. That should give you plenty of time. (If, for some reason, you miss that flight, you can always go "standby" on the later one!)

I absolutely HATE waiting around after a great vacation! We usually fly out of MIA, booking 11-12 am flights. We still have "waiting" time, but it's not too bad!

We docked in Miami last week, we were off the ship by 7:45 am, 3rd color in the first group. Got a taxi at 7:55, and at FLL airport at at 8:30 on the dot. I made sure I paid attention. We did let them know at the pursers desk that we had an early flight.

Our flight was at 11:40 and we tried to go standby on the earlier 9:25 flight but they wanted 128pp and since I only paid 99 pp decided I would rather wait. But one of my suitcases did get on the earlier flight!!!

We were on the Freedom last week with the dark blue debark color. We were suppost to be called between 8:30 and 10:00 am. We were not called until right at 10:00 and did not clear the immigration/customs line until approx. 11:00. We are all US citizens with valid passports. Serveral people in line around us were worried about their 1pm flights. While we were in the line they twice seemed to almost stop processing people for some reason or another.

They 'say' not book flights before Noon.

You never know when Customs will Clear The Ship.

I remember Customs not clearing our Jewel of the Seas cruise from Boston to FT. Lauderdale until close to 11AM!!!! We were all a Wreak!

You never know..... and weather these days is SO unpredicatable!

Archived