RCI insurance - when do you get the policy?

We have a relative traveling with us on an upcoming cruise. For those of you who have purchased RCI's insurance, when do you get your policy? Does it come when your cruise documents are shipped to you or should she have already gotten something?

Thanks.

I usually get it through my TA and it has to be purchased at the same time (or I think there's a 14 day window) that you make your final payment. If it's through a different company than the RCI insurance I've gotten a little brochure and an invoice explaining everything, but when I've gotten it through RCI it's just in my documents , I believe.

I just asked my TA this week when she was going to discuss insurance options w/everyone in our group booking and she said that she'll do it when final payments are do.

Laura

For all our travels in the past we have bought insurance through a 3rd party at time of deposit, mainly due to pre-exsisting condition policy. However, with RCI, the way I read their brochure, you can cancel anytime up to 70 days and get your deposit back. Up to 30 days and all you lose is your deposit. So I see no need to spend money on insurance until it is needed, which is 70-30 days out. Even then, is the cost of insurance justifyed for my $200 deposit.

Archived