Marriott Liberty Newark Airport?

berbet

I'm sorry. I did not put the advertisement in my last post. I saw it as I was hitting send. I tried to go in and delete it and edit the post but can't. Anyone have any clues? Technology, grrrrr :(

Anyone stayed here? Any complaints?

All of the airport hotels around EWR are pretty standard Marriott's, Hiltons, etc. The hotels are fine and security is OK. The area around the airport is what is bad. It is very industrial and there is no place to walk to or anything to see or do in the area. You are pretty restricted to your hotel. But for an overnight before a cruise, you will be perfectly OK. I haven't stayed at the Marriott for a couple years, as I have been going to the Sheraton Meadowlands if I am staying on the NJ side. It is about 12 miles further, but there is a lot to do and lots of places to eat. Usually book the Sheraton on Priceline for an average of $73.00.

The Marriott is the only hotel on the airport property at Newark. We stayed there about 3 weeks ago. It was clean and well-maintained, with helpful staff. The hotel is more attractive/stylish than one often finds in an airport setting. We were there on a weekend--their Sunday brunch was a good value and presented nicely, with lots of attractive, yummy choices.

All in all, I think this is a terrific choice for lodging in/near EWR.

I have stayed at the Newark Marriott a few times over the years. It is an older hotel, but it is very convenient to the airport and just fine for a one night stay. It is clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms are comfortable. I agree that the Sunday brunch is nice (we saw Queen Latifah, a Newark native, at the brunch a couple of years ago). I would happily stay there again.

I'm sorry. I did not put the advertisement in my last post. I saw it as I was hitting send. I tried to go in and delete it and edit the post but can't. Anyone have any clues? Technology, grrrrr :(

I think whenever you start a thread, the advertisement pops into your post.

Archived