Should I skip the Storller??

grossnmoe

Ok, I need some help. We will be onboard the Explorer at the end of the month with my 4yr old. We don't use a storller at home but, I am nervous to travel without one in the airport (MIA). Plus I am wondering if we are in port if I will need one. What are your thoughts. Thanks:D

Bring it! I wish I had known to bring a stroller BEFORE I had kids as a place to hang my bag and carry all our stuff since you can take it right up to the aircraft door. But seriously, airport and ship corridors are long and waits can be treacherous - better to have a place for her to sit than have to carry her. In port it's nice to let her sit under the sun canopy of the stroller and again have a place to put water, towels, etc. Since they fold up to such a small size, I really see no reason not to.

Best,

Mia

I think it depends on the 4 year old. My 4 year old would look at me like I was nuts if I pulled out the stroller so it'd be a waste for me, but I've seen lots of children at around age 4 contentedly being wheeled around.

I don't think you NEED it per se, but if your child is willing to ride in one, then definitely bring it.

I bought my first umbrella stroller when my oldest was 2-1/2. I had only used my big stroller before. I bought it for his first flight because it was just going to be me and him and I wanted someplace to keep him contained. It was actually a life saver when we were waiting in line to check in and also at McDonalds for lunch. But when we were waiting at baggage claim for our luggage I turned and saw him walking around with the stoller attached to his little bum. LMAO!!!!!

So yeah, it totally depends on the child. My younger son will be 3 in July. We are going to start testing the "no stroller" usage when we go to six flags in a few weeks. I don't know if he'd like riding in the stroller anymore. But it does seem like a good idea for long boring walks in the airport terminal and the cruise pier. That's a little different than walking around the zoo or six flags where there are constant stops and always things to see.

As for a place to put things, I'll make the boys carry backpacks for their stuff. Yeah I'm a mean mom. ;)

and push your carryons around the airport while your little one holds your hand. In port, if you are walking alot your child will welcome the stroller, especially if it is muggy out. I miss my stroller on every vacation we take, but at 7, my child wouldnt fit and even if he would he wouldn't go in it for a million dollars at this point!!!

My daughter will be 4 1/2 at the time of our next cruise. Since we never use a stroller here at home, she thinks it's a big treat to sit in a stroller. I actually wouldn't even consider travelling anywhere (airport, cruise, vacation etc.) without it. Life is just so much easier when your child is contained in the stroller and you don't have to worry about them running off etc.

In Sept we used an umbrella stroller. We actually shopped around to find one tall enough for her to sit upright in and still be able to use the sun shade cover. It worked great. She was not crazy at 4 to use one but once in the airport she was more than happy to ride instead of walk. Also, on island it was great. San Juan, St Maarten, St Thomas, Nassau, all had areas where she could ride, relax and enjoy herself. She actually got spoiled and wanted it when we returned home. We gave it to a friend so we would not have to hear her beg to ride.

Archived