Military Rate Reduced?

pakmount

How can I find out if the military rate that I received for our room has been further discounted. I tried to call Carnival, and to my suprise they were pretty rude to me. They said my rate had not changed, but with the attitude they gave, I hardly believed anything they said. So, I then had my friend call to get rates, and they track telephone numbers because they kept asking her if she was me.

Thanks for any help.

All you would need to do is ask for a supervisor if you're being treated rudely - they have to transfer you.

Also, if they won't answer your question about military rates (I've never had any problem with them not giving me the info), go to your ITT (Information Travel and Tours) on your base/post and ask them. If you want to look online, just do a google search on military cruise discount - tons of sites pop up.

Generally, if the rate for your cabin category goes down, the rate does.

I am not military but have seen other posts that stated that just because the standard rate went down does not mean that the discounted rate went down accordingly.

I am not military but have seen other posts that stated that just because the standard rate went down does not mean that the discounted rate went down accordingly.

You are quite correct there. I've been trying for months for my upcoming cruise next Jan for either a military rate or a TA rate, to no avail - if the cabins are booking, just be happy that there was some sort of discount. I'm happy not paying full rack rate for the cabin.

The regular price would have to dip below the rate you were given for military rate to get more $ off... and I doubt that will happen... the military rate is about the best one going. In other words, they're not going to give you 100 additional dollars off what they've already discounted you for a military rate just because the regular rate went down $100...

If the Military rate goes down and you haven't been upgraded Carnival will give you an On Board Credit(OBC). Now be careful here....if you booked a guarantee cabin and received an upgrade they'll give you the option to keep the upgrade or go back to your previous category and take the OBC. On our last cruise the Military Rate went down $100pp and also included a free upgrade to a 5A cabin. We had already received the upgrade to a 5A (from a 4A), so I called my PVP and she gave us a $200 OBC.

Hello~

I used a site that was given to me that lists military prices/sailings. I booked through a TA and got an 8A on the Legend (was Miracle originally) for a great price. I saw a lower price on the site I check often and called my TA who called Carnival and I was offered and upgrade but chose the OBC of 245. Carnival never asked me the site and the price on Carnivals was actually much higher at the time. I say call again and ask for a supervisor.

Take care~

The regular price would have to dip below the rate you were given for military rate to get more $ off... and I doubt that will happen... the military rate is about the best one going. In other words, they're not going to give you 100 additional dollars off what they've already discounted you for a military rate just because the regular rate went down $100...

Not true. I booked B2B cruises in December for later this year. The regular and past guest rates have dropped about $25 on two separate occasions since Dec. and as a result, so did the military rate. Since we haven't made our final payments yet, they just adjusted our balances on both occasions. So it definitely pays to check the rates every week!

Not true. I booked B2B cruises in December for later this year. The regular and past guest rates have dropped about $25 on two separate occasions since Dec. and as a result, so did the military rate. Since we haven't made our final payments yet, they just adjusted our balances on both occasions. So it definitely pays to check the rates every week!

We don't do military rate but we do qualify for the interline rate. I have also found that on every occasion the regular and past passenger rates dropped the interline rate dropped accordingly. Our upcoming May cruise dropped twice saving us $350 and then it started climbing and would cost us $600 more then we original booked, thats a $950 swing. It does pay to check often after you book.

Just booked on the Carnival Freedom's Spring 2008 transatlantic cruise. Our aft veranda cabin military rate was $938 for the 14 night cruise. The cruise is from Miami to Rome.

It was so good that when I brought it to my TA's attention she booked it for herself as well.

Am not greedy but certainly would enjoy any price drop. However, at the military price we booked the cabin for I very much doubt that it could possibly go lower.

Just call and act like you are looking at booking a new reservation, make up a phone number. I do recommend watching the price ours dropped 3 times before we sailed last year. Good days to call are Wed. and Thur. those are usually the sale days.

Does this include prices that are dropped within the last 60 days of cruising?

Archived