Are we in the right cabin?

Frankie Sue

We are travelling on the Grand Princess in May and we booked inside cabins on the Baja deck. That is basically all that was available at a reasonable rate for that sailing.

Has anybody been on an inside on the Baja deck of the Grand Princess who can give us comments on this type of cabin. This is our first sailing on Princess and it is a Port intensive itinerary.

Also how is Princess with upgrading?? Any chances of that??

I look forward to your comments and any picture of that class of cabins would be great.

Frankie Sue

I've finally convinced my DH that inside cabins are fine. When we first had an outside cabin, he said he could never go back to an inside. And then when we had our first balcony cabin, he said he could never sail without a balcony. That's when I knew I had to book us another inside cabin to keep him humble. It worked.

I've found that inside cabins encourage us to get away from the cabin more. We don't spend time relaxing with drinks on our balcony, ordering room service meals, etc. But the difference in cost is usually enough to make up for this--and we're eating the same food, enjoying the same shows, etc. that we would be doing whatever our cabin is like.

And one year, on our Alaskan cruise, we saved enough to cover the cost of a second cruise that year.

we've in inside and outside cabins, and now we chose inside because is a long and expensive cruise if we choose balcony...and remember some of the outside have obstructed view (that is not great :()...I think is a great deal if you can save for another cruise just going inside!

My wife and I are on the Crown 6.17 and had booked oceanview rooms. I really wanted a balcony room so I called our trip advisor at Princess. (We booked online direct) I was able to haggle, i.e. "All your oceanview rooms are waitlisted and have gone up in price. We paid the full amount right away, no deposit. etc. She upgraded to a midship balcony room on the Baja deck for $300 more for the 9 nights. I don't think it was a bad deal at all.

Archived