Another Beachy Question!!

biebz

I have been reading EVERYTHING about the beaches, We spent the day at Majahaul last year and it was great, but our chairs were almost in the water and we lounged between a sailboat and a banana boat. We are looking for a relaxing beach, chairs, food and drinks, but not all inclusive. Does the Cat's Meow fit this description and where is it exactly. Any other beach suggestion would be great, thanks, Biebz

We were there a couple of weeks ago and I would recommend Pez Quadro. It is at the end of the little road. We walked the street looking for the best "sandy" beach spot and decided on Pez. It was great. It definitely has the biggest area of beach. The food and drinks were also very good. My DD said she had the best Quesadilla she has ever had there and she is a picky eater! Plenty of spots for chairs ($5 rental). I will tell you when we were there, we were the only ship in port so it was not crowded anywhere.

We have been to both Costa Maya and Coz many times and have not felt we needed water shoes. Flip flops or whatever to walk to the beach/spot, was fine but no shoes once we were in the sand and water.

We just got back and I was so disappointed with this port. While it was very cultural, it was not at all what I had expected. I knew that it wasn't developed, but I really didn't expect such small beaches crowed with resin tables and chairs. The water didn't even look very clean. I think I probably should have tried an excursion to a better beach. Good luck. Some people in our party didn;t even get off the ship. We were on the Carnival Liberty, which was an awesome ship, but the ports were not so good.

Archived