LaGuardia Super Shuttle Warning!

Janet524

We made a reservation with Super Shuttle from LaGuardia to our hotel when we flew to NYC for our Noordam cruise. When we called with our reservation number upon our arrival we were told they didn't have a driver at the airport and it would be 45 minutes to an hour before they could pick us up. What was the point of making a reservation? By the time we got to the hotel it was 2-1/2 hours after arriving in NYC. It only took us an hour to fly there from Richmond! Beware if you make a Super Shuttle reservation - especially if you have a short time between arriving and getting to the ship.

That's why most people take cabs. BTW with traffic 2 1/2 from the time you land until you are the hotel isn't that unusual for NY. Super shuttle for two isn't much cheaper than a cab and a cab is waiting....While I like the super shuttle because with luggage they have more room, I rarely recommend it in NY....other places its much better...but I have had similar problems with other similar services on other places.

ps they have a website where you can complain ...it won't hurt to let them know you are unhappy.

http://www.supershuttle.com

That's why most people take cabs. BTW with traffic 2 1/2 from the time you land until you are the hotel isn't that unusual for NY. Super shuttle for two isn't much cheaper than a cab and a cab is waiting....While I like the super shuttle because with luggage they have more room, I rarely recommend it in NY....other places its much better...but I have had similar problems with other similar services on other places.

ps they have a website where you can complain ...it won't hurt to let them know you are unhappy.

www.supershuttle.com

If I knew then what I know now...I'd certainly have taken a cab! We used to use Super Shuttle quite alot when we lived in the Philadelphia area and were always satisfied. Guess NYC is a different story.

If I knew then what I know now...I'd certainly have taken a cab! We used to use Super Shuttle quite alot when we lived in the Philadelphia area and were always satisfied. Guess NYC is a different story.

Who did you use after your trip to get back to LGA? We are a family of five and a cab just won't be big enough for all of us PLUS five or more large pieces of luggage. We are trying to get reviews on ground transportation big enough to haul all of us to the ship.

Thank you for posting this warning. I was definitely considering Super Shuttle. Guess it's back to the drawing board!!

Who did you use after your trip to get back to LGA? We are a family of five and a cab just won't be big enough for all of us PLUS five or more large pieces of luggage. We are trying to get reviews on ground transportation big enough to haul all of us to the ship.

Thank you for posting this warning. I was definitely considering Super Shuttle. Guess it's back to the drawing board!!

This list might be helpful

http://www.citidex.com/20.htm#nbus

I will probably use this service

http://www.nyairportservice.com/schedule.html

Archived