Dinner in Cabin?

Cruz-On

If you are thinking of having steak & lobster delivered the answer is ....NO, It's not on the room service menu.

If you are thinking of having sandwiches & pastries the answer is...YES.

Room service menu is more like "Continental".

Thanks everyone guess that thought of cozy romantic dinner with DH is OUT!! Will try the supperclub!

Ah, you don't need steak and lobster for a cozy romantic dinner :D Heck, you don't even need food :p LOL Seriously though... for a nice evening in the cabin, the room service menu is adequate.... great sandwiches, and sometimes it is a very nice break from the "heavy" foods you get at dinner...

..... you can alway go to the dining room and get dinner to go....

This is not usual, and not encouraged.;) Very few folks have reported doing this. In my years on this board, you're only about the third person that I've seen say that.

Well we have had the great forutne of having the MD serve us in our cabin on our honymoon cruise only but otherwise you can simply run up to the RED Sail buffet at dinner time and make up a couple plates and bring them back to your cabin to enjoy a private meal in your cabin. Being closer to or on the Lido deck does help you a bunch in doing so though. You may not get the quality that you would in the dining room but its a trade off for having dinner alone with your significant other in your cabin.:)

when I was on the grand I did the same thing at the buffet I had the aloha deck and it was real close to my cabin. I loved it I would get up (GF would sleep in the morning late) go to the buffet get eggs and stuff go out on my balcony and eat drink watch us pull in to port blaze one drink a cranberry vodka watch the ship pull in. did the same for dinner a couple times with the chick its cool and works out well. Just put the plat outside your door when your done I did it so much my steward would say "Mister Trey, another delivery!" GF thought it was funny as hell.

you can alway go to the dining room and get dinner to go....I have done this once or twice on my cruises with carnival

Nope, i've asked a few different times and was always told no.

One time the waiter letme take my leftouvers back to the cabin with me but me told me it was against the rules.

OP, you can go to the Buffet and bring your dinner back to the cabin with you, not quite the dining room menu but more of a dinner than the room service menu.

in a way you can have dinner in your cabin.... just not through room service..... you can alway go to the dining room and get dinner to go....I have done this once or twice on my cruises with carnival

On my last cruise they wouldn't give me an espresso, even when I supplied a plastic cup from the Lido.

Another option would be to go up to the buffet, and bring your "trays" back down to your cabin. A little bit nicer selection than room service, but not as nice as the dining room. (edit, oops, see Caribbean Dreams already said that!)

I've never heard of anyone getting dinner "to go" from the dining room, except one time, my mother sat down for dinner, and proceeded to get VERY seasick. So much so that she had to leave the table. The sweet waiter we had offered to give her her order to go.

On my last cruise they wouldn't give me an espresso, even when I supplied a plastic cup from the Lido.

Were you having a meal? You can't just pop into the dining room and request an espresso. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean?

Thanks everyone guess that thought of cozy romantic dinner with DH is OUT!! Will try the supperclub!

We have done this before on our Celebrity cruises. They come in with a table and pretty white table cloth and you can have anything on the dinner menu. As long as you do it when the dining room is open for dinner. You just have to let the cabin steward know ahead of time. Maybe next cruise?

You paid a LOT more for that cruise, I'm sure, so they should provide more things like that.:D

Actually not really. I get good deals. I try and be flexable when I go. Also got some last minute cruises. I am an Elite member on Celebrity and not rich.

If you look at Alaska 7 day cruise in June right now.( on Orbitz) One way Summit is at $599.00 inside and the Carnival Spirit is $799.00. inside Carnival is not always the least expensive.

We have done this before on our Celebrity cruises. They come in with a table and pretty white table cloth and you can have anything on the dinner menu. As long as you do it when the dining room is open for dinner. You just have to let the cabin steward know ahead of time. Maybe next cruise?

You can also do this on Princess for a extra charge.

Also their room service menu offers a variety of hot foods. They will even deliver a pizza:)

Actually not really. I get good deals. I try and be flexable when I go. Also got some last minute cruises. I am an Elite member on Celebrity and not rich.

If you look at Alaska 7 day cruise in June right now.( on Orbitz) One way Summit is at $599.00 inside and the Carnival Spirit is $799.00. inside Carnival is not always the least expensive.

Just guessing here, but is June really peak season for Celebrity?? I'm guessing that they don't cater as much to kids, where Carnival does and June is indeed peak season for them... could that be part of it???

Just guessing here, but is June really peak season for Celebrity?? I'm guessing that they don't cater as much to kids, where Carnival does and June is indeed peak season for them... could that be part of it???

You never know? Prices fluctuate from week to week? Celebrity could be running a special right now. The higher price on the Spirit is June 6. Are the kids out of school that early? I have been on two Celebrity cruises to Alaska in June LOTS of kids too.

You never know? Prices fluctuate from week to week? Celebrity could be running a special right now. The higher price on the Spirit is June 6. Are the kids out of school that early? I have been on two Celebrity cruises to Alaska in June LOTS of kids too.

Yeah, some schools are out towards the end of May... any number of factors could come into play.. one could be selling better than the other, the ships themselves (I know nothing about the Summit though, it could be new for all I know), but yes, if you look around you can find deals on any cruise line.

Archived