Leaving NYC

Sasabu1

In June, the seas can be as calm as glass, or very rough on any particular day. One week passengers will report calm seas, the next week rough seas. Sea conditions can change day by day, or hour by hour.

Beyond 5 days, most weather reports are unaccurate. How do you expect us to predict the seas conditions months in advance?

If you're that worried about sea conditions, get some medications and you'll be able to ride out the worse weather. Seasickness medications are available free aboard cruise ships, you don't have to spend a fortune on them.

Ever heard of the Beaufort scale? I doubt a week passes without a cold front moving by during a week. The ocean is not a desert.

Yes, the Atlantic could be rough or smooth as glass. Just like any other sea.

You should be okay if you take some sea sickness meds.

If you don't want any rain or high winds and rough seas, book Las Vegas.

Mother Nature is unpredictable and so are Her waters. At any time, any body of water can be rough, but being on the water is part of the fun of cruising.

If your concern is sea sickness, talk with your doctor about the patch or bonine. From what I understand, the success of whether or not one gets sick depends on taking/using the meds prior to boarding. Green apples and ginger are really good too.

If your concern is solely experiencing rough seas, then maybe you should re-think your vacation plans.

Sail-a-way from NY is fantastic, and us NY'ers are so lucky to have year round cruising - I hope you take advantage of it and enjoy your vacation - seas and all....

Pam

Archived