Jeans on the Voyager

mattR

We had 2 formal nights on our 7 nights Voyager cruise in 2004. Jeans (especially european models) are just fine in the diningroom. In other words, it's not prohobited to wear jeans in the diningroom, but dress properly at formal and smart casual evenings.

Probably the most popular question asked on these forums and one that brings out the most polarized sides of a discussion.

In general, RCI recommends and has a guide for dressing for dinner in the main dining room. Dress slacks and a shirt with a collar for men on casual nights is recommended. In reality, they don't enforce this "dress code". I've seen blue jeans in the main dining room on all of the 7 cruises we've been on.....even on formal nights.

They asked IF he would be able to wear them........not if he should or should not...........in all likelyhood he will be able to wear them.......it depends on the ship and the maitre d...........

We had 2 formal nights on our 7 nights Voyager cruise in 2004. Jeans (especially european models) are just fine in the diningroom. In other words, it's not prohobited to wear jeans in the diningroom, but dress properly at formal and smart casual evenings.

The thing is, Europeans know how to make casual wear look goooood and their jeans are usually fitted much better and don't look nearly as sloppy as how most American men wear their jeans. Unless the brother in question is extremely trendy and wears designer style jeans, I'd say no. I put my fiance in dark whiskered slim fit jeans and he looks great in them, but I wouldn't suggest we go to dinner like that. JMHO. :D

Laura

They asked IF he would be able to wear them........not if he should or should not...........in all likelyhood he will be able to wear them.......it depends on the ship and the maitre d...........

To date I have never witnessed anyone in jeans being turned away from the dining room on any night including formal. So, from my own personal experience yes, he'll be able to wear jeans.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm sure he will dress up for formal nights but if he can get in the rest of the nights with his jeans and not be kicked out great. He won't be sitting at a table with any strangers just with our group so thats good.

If he wears a nice pair of jeans (not worn or torn) with a nice shirt (button down or polo type), I think he'll be fine... I have seen them turn away people with hats/caps, tank tops, and shorts... but never with jeans.

I've even been known to occassionally don a pair of jeans, nice top and sandals on casual nights in the dining room. :eek:

Archived