Aug / Sept Free Dining at Disney World

ajcolorado

I just got a notice saying that Disney is offering free dining again in late August and most of September (Aug. 26 - Sept. 22). You have to stay in a Disney hotel for at least three days and you have to book your trip by June 24. I don't know how - or if - this works with Land/Sea packages but it might be a great deal for anyone booking those componants seperately. For more information see: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/freedining.html

Unfortunately, my trip is in late May so this doesn't help me but I thought it might benefit any of you with plans to go later in the summer.

I just got a notice saying that Disney is offering free dining again in late August and most of September (Aug. 26 - Sept. 22). You have to stay in a Disney hotel for at least three days and you have to book your trip by June 24. I don't know how - or if - this works with Land/Sea packages but it might be a great deal for anyone booking those componants seperately.

You will have to book the components separately. Unfortunately, Disney is not yet able to add the Dining Plan to the land portion of a Land/Sea Package. The up side is that you can stay at any WDW hotel not just the ones offered by Disney cruise. The down side is that if you don't stay at one of the DCL offered hotels, you have to get yourself and your luggage to one of the hotels for pickup and you have to do check in twice, once at the hotel and once at the pier.

As far as getting to the port from one of the Disney Value resorts, it's cheaper (with 4 people anyway, not sure about 3) to hire a town car service. There are many good ones. Plus you have the added advantage of getting to the port early and having a grocery stop, to stock up on bottled water and liquor.

It's also often cheaper to book the land and sea seperately. If you do so, you can add Disney Dining for a cost per person. I personally wouldn't want to have all those sitdown meals at WDW before or after eating so much food on the cruise.

Archived