MSC Alcohol Policy

czechmate

Hi Marge

Sounds good to me. On Lirica The Blue Club was one of our favourite rooms -and almost empty most of the time. How literal is that word "roll" ???? :-)

In our experience MSC sailing from Fort Lauderdale in the evening hold the

Fire Drill at 10.30 a.m. next morning (first full day at sea).

Now watch them prove me wrong :-)

As of now, we are flying into FTL on April 2. We'll just have to keep in touch and meet on board at some point. We opted for early seating too.

I hope those of you in Florida are all okay and have your power on.

Do you mind telling us where you are from.

I have lived in Las Vegas since the blizzard of '77 in Rochester, NY.

As of now, we are flying into FTL on April 2. We'll just have to keep in touch and meet on board at some point. We opted for early seating too.

I hope those of you in Florida are all okay and have your power on.

Hi Marge

Sounds good to me. On Lirica The Blue Club was one of our favourite rooms -and almost empty most of the time. How literal is that word "roll" ???? :-)

In our experience MSC sailing from Fort Lauderdale in the evening hold the

Fire Drill at 10.30 a.m. next morning (first full day at sea).

Now watch them prove me wrong :-)

You won't 'roll' very far as the bar in the equivalent of the Blue Club will not be open until late in the evening. However, at lunch in the cafeteria [assuming Opera ill be the same as MSC's other ships], wine is free, white or red, as much as you want, help yourself, during the 'Welcome Lunch' which usually has extended hours until 5pm. Grab a wine or two & meet in the outside cafe? Says me who won't be there, but wishes she could be.

The drill is anyone's guess. We've had them before sailing & the next afternoon. Just has to be done within 24hrs of departure.

Pam

Pam, thanks for telling us about the wine with lunch. That is really very nice and I hope nothing changes between now and then. Also, on the suite question posting, I really enjoyed the photos. How do you do the 'here' etc thing and get pictures to pop up. I'm impressed. You are certainly more computer literate than I am or will ever be!

Also, I've been waiting to get a glimpse of an MSC inside cabin which I got. Wish I were in a suite (lucky czechmate) but I'm just glad I'm going!

Marge, I'm from NY originally too. The Bronx. Left there in '67 after daughter #2 arrived. Then Texas for many years, then Arkansas for a number of years, and now GULFPORT MS. I THINK this is it.

Wish I was going too!! I keep hoping to win the lottery, but since I don't remember to buy tickets, it's not in my future!!

cod - We had an outside on the Lirica and friends had an inside. See where the window is? Well, just imagine a picture there! That was really the only difference.

Happy sailing!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

any recent information on bringing alcohol on board opera?

I am going in January, it is not like I am smuggling cases on board. I just prefer to have a bottle in my cabin when getting ready for dinner and as a night cap. esp. since I hear it is hard to get a good drink and service in the bars?

as I have said before. what good hotel , searches your bags for illegal booze and takes it from you so you have to use their bars?

Bridget I read a review from a couple of weeks ago saying MSC do still permit you to buy alcohol in the shop aboard for cabin consumption. The do not confiscate it on boarding either. [i am racking my brains to find where I read it.. but can't!:(]

Have a super trip

Bridget, I was on the Dec. 4th sailing and took a bottle of wine in my carry on with no trouble. They also allowed me to take what I bought on board to my cabin. I did not have any problems with service or bad drinks. The prices were really good and the drinks I had were good. I had mostly fruity-rum drinks and champagne. True, you do have to go to the bar to order most drinks as you're not being hounded to buy drinks as on other lines. I viewed this as a positive but to each his own. Have a wonderful cruise! :)

thanks Magwa and Lill. I feel better now. not that I can't do without my drink, I hate the feeling of having someone "frisk me" to prevent me from having a drink in my cabin.

can't wait for my trip , 24 more days! ( can I lose 40 pounds by then???:p :p :(

On Lirica right now - you can't buy Booze in the DutyFree shop on board until the end of the cruise. Its quite cheap in there ( you can buy unbranded vodka for less than $3US a bottle) but not an option for us.

We are ashore in Grenada today and the local rum is $6US a bottle. They have flat half bottles in the supermarket so we will try to get a couple aboard in our pockets.

The drinks on board are not expensive but they need more booze in them for our tastes. We found the same on every ship we've been on.

Security on the ship seems to be run by Israelis, at least all their check sheets seem to be written in Hebrew script.

Archived