What can we expect table-wise?

Math4Aggies

What do you think our party of 6 will get for a table?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think our party of 6 will get for a table?

• A table for 6
    • A table for 10
    • A table for more than 10
    • No clue!

Howdy!

We will be sailing on the Ecstasy on May 19th. We are a group of 6 ladies [30 something to 60 something] and there was some debate as to what we might find for our dinner seating. A table for 6? A table for 10 with a group of 4 or two 2's? What do you think? I am hoping to meet some interesting people, but others in the group hope to have our own table.

Thanks...

janice

Howdy!

We will be sailing on the Ecstasy on May 19th. We are a group of 6 ladies [30 something to 60 something] and there was some debate as to what we might find for our dinner seating. A table for 6? A table for 10 with a group of 4 or two 2's? What do you think? I am hoping to meet some interesting people, but others in the group hope to have our own table.

Thanks...

janice

I voted a table for 6 and here is why.

have been in the situation were "you" are sitting at a table with all friends and the other one or two couples are out of the conversation mast of the time. It is not intentional but you are talking about things and people and occurances that only you all are privey to.

It is very uncomfortable.......

Have in the past seen this happen also to people at near by at tables.

We (couples that didn't know each other) at our table have invited them to join us at dinner for the rest of the cruise.

I will never forget an older Scottish couple that the lady was in tears because (the second night of the cruise they were sitting there alone) she thought they had offended the other people at the table. The other two couples were sitting at a table for four for the rest of the cruise.

They (The Scottish couple) fit right in with all of us who did not know each other...they were great. We all had a great time.....

PS: I ran into the two couples that ditched the older Scottish couple (and explained what had happened) and they sent a bottle of Champagne to their cabin. Those two couples just wanted to dine alone......

Six ladies at a table at dinner sounds like fun. You can meet people all over the ship anytime......;)

JMHO

DD and I had an interesting situation on a cruise. TA had a couple in a group cancel a few weeks before cruise that had been booked a year. All friends. TA offered DD and I the cruise at a big discount so she didn't lose her commission. We were seated at a table for 10 with them. They were not very nice to us and one formal night only two of the couples showed up and the other formal night none of them showed! The people at the next table had two empty chairs that night and they offered for DD and I to sit with them. They were very nice to us and we had a nice time. You just never know how people will act!

Thanks for the replies so far. I know our TA linked all our reservations, but I don't think she has put in a table preference [if that is even possible]. Sounds like we maybe better off on our own. Hopefully there will be some more feedback about table arrangements and we can decide what might be best.

We got so lucky on my only other cruise. It was our family [mom, dad and two younger teens], another family with older teens and a couple of ladies traveling together. We had a great time and I was hoping to duplicate that. But maybe that was just a lucky fluke.

janice

Archived