Pull Out beds on carnival sensation

bmytwokids

Taking a cruise in July. I booked a room with a pull out bed (from the wall). Has anyone slept in this kind of bed before and is it comfortable? I was also thinking of upgrading to a penthouse (now I'm in oceanview) but I read a comment somewhere (not here) that it's not worth the money.

Any suggestions on that?

The upper berth is very comfortable. The penthouse is a category 12 cabin and is not worth the money in my opinion just for the sake of a floor level bed. Now if you want a more spacious cabin that is a different story.

we sailed about a month ago in the cheapest rooms each one twin and a pull down (2 cabins).... I got the bottom bunk and hit my head three times the first night before common sense came about and I put my head where my feet were. Just fyi, no head room for the bottom bed.

We cruised mid-March '07 on Sensation in a Penthouse Suite U-94 Category 12. It pretty much ruined any enjoyment of the cabin because our bathroom flooded up to 4 inches of water after every shower. The plumber told us MOST of the Penthouse suites have trouble, that are on the even numbered side of the ship. However, another guest on this board said they had an even numbered penthouse suite, I think U-86?? and said it didn't flood.

But I would caution against an even numbered Penthouse suite.

We cruised mid-March '07 on Sensation in a Penthouse Suite U-94 Category 12. It pretty much ruined any enjoyment of the cabin because our bathroom flooded up to 4 inches of water after every shower. The plumber told us MOST of the Penthouse suites have trouble, that are on the even numbered side of the ship. However, another guest on this board said they had an even numbered penthouse suite, I think U-86?? and said it didn't flood.

But I would caution against an even numbered Penthouse suite.

Oh I HOPE that's not the case. You would be the first one to mention that and I have been monitoring the Sensation threads for a while now.

We have U70 and U74 booked on Sensation (Penthouse Cat 12) in August.

From everything I have read up until this point, it is very worth it to get a Cat12.

Archived