St. Thomas Excursions

sweetpollee

Hi everyone,

I will be going on a Carnival Cruise in August and don't want to book excursions with ALL of the ports (much too expensive).

If you've been to St. Thomas and planned your excursions on your own with independent people/companies, can you help me out with some info? Also, what kind of activities are there in St. Thomas? (doesn't look too exciting). I will be with my children, ages 10 & 14.

In addition to St. Thomas, the other shores we will be visiting are Antigua, Tortola, Nassau and P.R.

(This is my 2nd cruise)

Thanks,

Sweetpollee

You will find a lot of info in the port of call section - however I can't help but share our day in St Thomas!

We were the second family off the ship and grabbed the first taxi (shared it with the first couple that were off the ship!). They went to St John for the day, we went to Cokie Beach. It is right next to Coral World which we had planned on visiting but the beach and snorkeling were so wonderful we didn't feel the need to go to the aquariam. The snorkeling is amazing - the water is warm, there are no rocks, you walk directly on the sand into the water. Getting there early is a must, we had the beach to ourselves for the first hour or so - honestly! They rent equipment there, have drinks available (soda and beer/alcohol), food, oh and they sell little dog bisquits that you take out with you and break up, the fish coming right over to you. It's a great photo op with your disposable water camera.

There are open air taxis there to take you back to town (I can't remember how to spell the city!) for shopping or to the ship. I believe the taxi fee was $10 per person each way. There is no admission charge to Coki Beach.

Many people consider St thomas to be one of their favorite ports.

Its one of the most picturesques to sail in and out of.

Many options.....Coki beach is good but we live Sapphire beach better.

We also love to take the ferry over to St John....Trunk bay is 10x more beautifull.

Shopping is paramount.

There is snorkeling......When my boys were that age we did a discover scuba....no certificate needed, it was a beginners class....it was a highlight for them.

Tram that takes you up the mountain side...greats pics of ship.

Coral World...underground acquarium.

Tortola has the Baths that your children will love climbing through.

Have a great trip

Archived