Carnival transfers ?

Lefty888

not sure if we are getting CCL transfers yet, but if we do decide to rather than a taxi..what do we do once we get to the airport? Do we get our own bags and then look for the carnival bus? Not sure of the details of how that works. I have vacationed before where the transfer drivers get your bags for you so you don't have to wait at the turnabout for them.

thanks!:p

You will need to claim your luggage but there should be a Carnival rep in that baggage claim area that you check in with. That person will tell you where to go to wait for the bus and approximately how long until the bus arrives and starts to board.

JUst look for the man or woman in the blue Carnival vest holding a Carnival sign. You check in there. They are at the baggage claim area.

Be warned though you might have to wait in the bus for quite some time because they don't leave until the bus is full. If you're travelling during a busy time then it fills up fast. BUT I will never do one again because of my last experience ... 1) the bus was so dirty and smelly I could barely stand it. my friend actually nearly vomited in the seats and literally ran out of the bus and did the deed on the sidewalk because the smell was so bad (sweat.. nasty bathroom... smelly driver). 2) we waited for practically an hour at the airport IN the bus (I think I timed it at 40 minutes?) because the bus driver took SOOOO long to load the luggage. He was not really in the best physical condition to be doing such work and you could clearly tell it wasn't easy for him. Two of my friends got off the bus and offered to help but he wouldn't let them. My friend who ran off the bus and boarded the one in front got to the ship before us even though we boarded first.

It was horrible.

I'd rather just take a cab and get there myself without having to worry about other people

Ports like Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are very close to the airport, and definately worth taking a cab. I think you'd find that cabs are just easier, less expensive, and quicker.

The only port that I would even consider for a CCL transfer would be Pt. Canaveral, but even then, we just opt to rent a car.

Not sure but think you MAY have to arrange this before you hit the airport. We took the Carnival shuttle in Orlando for our Cruise out of Port Canaveral, but it was pre-arranged with our Carnival rep.:confused:

I asked this question on the boards here a few weeks ago. I was told by several people that you don't have to take the bus even if you use Carnival's flight arrangements. You can catch a taxi and go to the ship, bypassing the shuttle altogether. They also said that you can take your unused bus/shuttle vouchers to the Purser's desk for an OBC.

Archived