Flying from SJU to PHL- 9:30am flight?

Pugluvr81

We've booked a 9:30 am flight from San Juan back to Philad.- has anyone taken an early flight out and made it from the pier to the airport in time? I know we are really cutting it close! We are booked on the Adventure Nov. 4. Thanks for any feedback!

You'll need to unbook that flight as you will never make it. Even if your the very first person off the ship carrying your luggage you still have the cab ride and security to pass thru. SJU is a long way from being in the same hurry you are.......

I ditto the previous poster.

You will never make that fllight.

SJU is a chaotic airport with a mind of it's own. I don't even need to inquire about which airline you are flying, it doesn't matter.

We have cruised out of SJU at least 8 times and trust me, it can't be done.

And if you miss that early flight ... even with travel insurance, you'll likely absorb any $$$ involved in the transaction. Also, if you miss the flight, the airlines likely will consider you a no-show and send you on your merry way standby rather than with confirmed seating. Suggest you seriously consider changing your flights sooner rather than later and pay whatever penalties are assessed.

I totally agree with the previous posters.

Even if you get early disembarkation, you have to go through customs and get your transportation, then count on at least a 30 minute drive to the airport (usually more--traffic is crazy there, with frequent accidents). Once you get to the airport, you must stand in line for the Agriculture check, where they will scan your luggage and give you a sticker for each piece of luggage, then get in the check-in line for your flight, where they will weigh any large pieces of luggage and get all of your luggage tagged. After that wait, you still need to go through security all before you can start to the gate for your flight.

Even before all of that, you don't know how it will take customs to clear the ship. It was after 8:30 on our cruise last year.

Get a later flight.

I agree with everyone else - you'll never make it.

It took us a half hour to check in at the airport (we used the self check in and it still took them a half hour to take our bags - very poorly organized) and then another 40 minutes to get through security.

Change your flight.

Archived