Cabin choice

grayjoh

Considering Suites 203, 224, 225 and 226 for Transatlantic crossing. I understand that some of these suites can convert to Double Suites but we would not require a Double. Any information, suitability, pros and cons etc. Thank you.

224 and 225 only have a shower. For some having a large walk-in shower is a plus, but for others, not having the ability to soak in the tub is a problem.

I am not a fan of being too far forward on a transatlantic (added sound and motion in rough seas) so 203 would not be my favorite.

Dear grayjoh,

we did the Pride-Crossing this march in cabin 200 and due to the rough sea it was like sitting ( and sleeping and showering) in a roller-coaster. and it was noisy too because of the waves.

And while booking onboard we were told that the cabins that can be converted into a double suite are more noisy than the regular suites because the folding walls are not so good insulated, so more noise from the other cabin can leak through the wall.

Dear grayjoh,

we did the Pride-Crossing this march in cabin 200 and due to the rough sea it was like sitting ( and sleeping and showering) in a roller-coaster. and it was noisy too because of the waves.

But, on the other hand, while booking onboard we were told that the cabins that can be converted into a double suite are more noisy than the regular suites because the folding walls are not so good insulated, so more noise from the other cabin can leak through the wall.

So I would decide the cabin depending on the cruise you are planning to book.

I've been in 303, one deck above, and would never choose a forward cabin again. I have no problem with side-to-side motion but in the forward part of the ship the motion is up and down (as well as side-to-side). I was very uncomfortable in that cabin and on nights when we encountered rough seas it was very hard to sleep because of the constant levitation followed by falling into the bed. When I'm not doing ROS, I always choose lowest deck, closest to the center of the ship.

I have sailed in suite 224 on the Panama Canal cruise in '04 and in 225 for the '05 and '06 westbound crossings all on the Legend. These sailings were very calm. I like thees suites. As Iamboatman previously posted, these suites only have a shower, and also have a Murphy Bed that folds down from the wall (the bed will be down your entire cruise - it is close to the floor and can only stow underneath a bag no thicker than about 9 inches); hence, this bed is a queen and cannot be converted to twins. The only thing I did not like about 224 was the the light in the walk-in closet. It was this funky wall unit that did not put out much light and was rather dark in there. The light in the closet of suite 225 was a fluorescent "strip light" which provided good illumination. The light in 224's closet may have been changed-out during the Legend's last dry dock.

I have never had a problem with sound insulation being in a double suite. However, if honeymooners were next door to me, then that might be an entirely different matter. :rolleyes: Suite 226 (never been berthed there) is the "bedroom" half of a double suite with a bed configurable as either twins or a queen-sized bed and tub and shower. Good luck with your suite selection! :)

For any crossing, I vote for mid-ship and a walk-in shower. (Unless you are addicted to languishing in a tub as pure heaven). If it's bouncy, it's a lot easier to maneuver. I have been in several of those suites and all are fine for me, as a single or double. The ship can store your luggage if there is not enough room in the closet. I never noticed the lighting in any of the suite closets, so they must have been fine.

Jane

We like the "motion of the ocean" but suite 100 on the March Pride transatlantic was sooooo noisy! We loved the layout of the suite and hated to move but the constant BANG from the waves made it impossible to get a good night's sleep. We were moved to the shower-side of a double suite and had no problem with noise at all.

Cheers!

Dee

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, Dee....

I'm on the March 17, 2008 crossing in #106.....Maybe I can change cabins now.....I hope. Nevertheless, I don't get seasick, but this will be the smallest ship I have cruised on. I just got off Oceania's Regatta (684-PAX) on a T/A - aft cabin and there was lots of rolling! Jini

This will be my first seabourn cruise, and I am a bit confused. I really need to have a bath tub. I have been assigned to deck 4 suite 128, on the Pride. Does this have only a shower? If so, I need to get it changed ASAP..and yell at my TA for not mentioning this.

Thanks so much

Sheree

Sheree,

Suite 128 is the suite directly below 226 and, as I posted above, is the "bedroom half of a double suite which has twin beds that can be converted to a queen and a bathtub for aromatherapy bubble baths and whatever else you please. No need to yell at your TA and raise both your blood pressures! ;)

Archived