Serenade 2/9, 2/16, 2/23 and 3/1/08 where are they?

Elaine...how do you know that? That seems crazy that they would have the cruise open for booking.

I have family who work onboard.

Perhaps they carry taking bookings until they have a confirmed date for the drydock.

We will be happy to do that! :) We spent 11 nights on Serenade in October on the Hawaii cruise. It is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew and staff. We are looking forward to the scenery in Alaska. :) Thanks.

We got our official call from RCCL yesterday about our 2-9-08 being cancelled because of the ship going into dry dock. Called the redeployment department and they had us transferred to another date, transferring our coupon and giving us a $400 on board credit in a matter of minutes!!! :)

We got our official call from RCCL yesterday about our 2-9-08 being cancelled because of the ship going into dry dock. Called the redeployment department and they had us transferred to another date, transferring our coupon and giving us a $400 on board credit in a matter of minutes!!! :)

Thank you for the information...was that $400 pp or $400 per cabin?

$400 was per room, and depends on the type of room you had booked. We had a JS.

Funny...they must be making calls starting from the top. We have a non-suite balcony...hopefully, they'll call soon.

Called my TA - they just received "official" notification via FAX this morning that these sailings were cancelled. Told her I would like some sort of OBC even though I've already rebooked for 3/8 - I don't hold out much hope for this, but worth a try. RCCL still hasn't faxed my confirmation for the 3/8 sailing, showing my coupon transfer, so MAYBE I'll get the OBC. However, with MY luck, they probably won't even transfer the coupon :(

Told the TA if we weren't worth the OBC, Crown Princess looked interesting ...

I feel bad for all those booked who have no idea this is coming - thanks for everyone's help in figuring out what was going on.

Here's what I got from RCCL - just received the confirmation invoice from my Travel Agent:

RCCL would not honor my $125 Crown & Anchor coupon for the 3/1 sailing, but instead reduced my cruise fare by $150 - not sure I understand that one, but I guess I'm ahead $25. They would not do that for my brother-in-law's cabin because he's not a C & A member (yet) and did not have a coupon for the 3/1 sailing - only fair.

Also, RCCL has given each cabin a $100 On Board Credit - we have regular balcony cabins. I guess I'm satisfied, since I did change bookings before RCCL's "official announcement" - at least I got something! I did lose my "hump" cabins, but maybe I'll get them next time. Thanks again, cruise critic members for all your help! Hope you're all able to rebook & get those OBC's!

Still waiting to hear. I wonder if they would allow us to use OBC on a different boat? We really liked the week we had pciked, based on our work schedules. We also prefer the Radiance class sized ship, I guess all we can do is ask.

$400 was per room, and depends on the type of room you had booked. We had a JS.

We rebooked yesterday on the Adventure of the Seas in a JS on 5/11/08 sailing. It was only $20. more pp than a D1 on the Serenade for the 4/27 sailing. The OBC was $200. for a D1 stateroom. All in all it was a win win for us in MHO. Good luck to all of you who need to rebook because of this cancellation.

Hi All,

Called RCCL this morning and told them that we knew that the ship was going into drydock 02/08

And wanted to rebook now!!! and not wait till they called us

We are know booked for january same cruise different date and have a $200 credit!!!

Call if you have not heard from RCCL

We rebooked yesterday on the Adventure of the Seas in a JS on 5/11/08 sailing. It was only $20. more pp than a D1 on the Serenade for the 4/27 sailing. The OBC was $200. for a D1 stateroom. All in all it was a win win for us in MHO. Good luck to all of you who need to rebook because of this cancellation.

I hope that date is a typo cappy. :D 4/27/08 on Serenade should be right in the middle of our Panama Canal cruise. :D

Please don't apologize. :D I just had a moment of panic when I thought that our cruise might be affected too! We were already bumped off our April Empress sailing and the Serenade cruise is to replace the cancelled one. :D

Hi All,

Called RCCL this morning and told them that we knew that the ship was going into drydock 02/08

And wanted to rebook now!!! and not wait till they called us

We are know booked for january same cruise different date and have a $200 credit!!!

Call if you have not heard from RCCL

What date in January? We have a M&M posting for the Jan 26, 2008. If you're on this sailing come join us.

We were scheduled for 2/23, with 4 cabins for a bit of a family reunion. As soon as TA called, we rebooked for same week onto Celebrity Summit, which was our 2nd choice when booking this trip originally. We had a larger balcony room (D1?) on Serenade, and went with Concierge Class on Summit. We were given $200 OBC per cabin. I am disappointed about missing St. Lucia (have never been, but really want to!), but we LOVED the Constellation and are happy to be on the Summit. We'll probably try a Radiance class ship another time.

As soon as I posted I realized I need to change my countdown clock! I thought I had, but it obviously didn't work.

I am so disappointed. I was booked on the Serenade for 2/16/2007 w/ hubby and 2 teenage sons. I was looking forward to sailing on this beautiful ship.

We just booked the Adventure. I know that people like this ship better for teenagers but I am not looking forward to it!

Archived