Flight ? Ft Lauderdale vs. Miami

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any problems flying into Ft. Lauderdale vs. Miami & taking a transfer to the Miami port. I know that the transfer price is higher but it seems that the prices are are a lot cheaper & would make sense (in my case anyway). But I'm sure there are some drawbacks? Any comments!!!!

Many people fly in to FLL because of price and more availability of flights. RCL has its own shuttle ($20pp) and there is other ground transport available just outside baggage claim. Tri-County vans will take you to the pier in Miami for $18pp. The vans leave more often then the the RCL bus. The bus usually waits until it fills up. If you take a van, from Tri-County, or anyone else, ask the dispatcher and/or driver if you are going directly to the pier. Sometimes people other then cruise passengers are on your van. If so, wait for the next van. You may get an unexpected and lengthy tour of South Florida! On the return, the RCL bus is best. It's difficult to arrange (and expensive) for van transport back to FLL. Good luck.

Rick

We just did this a couple of weeks ago, it saves us a ton of money. There is a shared ride shuttle right outside the baggage claim, no reservations needed and it is 18$ per person. The ride to Miami was about 35-40 minutes on a Sunday morning around 9:45. There is a desk right outside the baggage claim you just go and tell them where you want to go. We were brought right to our hotel, but the rest of the people in the van were going straight to the port.

Go with FLL. Starting this June Southwest will have a nonstop to FLL from PVD, which makes life easier.

Last June we used a car service to bring us to the port from our hotel and then from the port to the hotel. (http://www.afamilylimo.com/) I think it only took about 45 minutes, we were very lucky with traffic.

Hey thanx for the info, it's good to know especially since I really don't want to travel out of Boston!!!

Thanx for the info everyone!!:)

Archived