Are there ever any Spring Break deals?

vijoge

I'd like to take my granddaughter (age 8) on a cruise next March. She's out of school Mar 21-28 and there's a five day Fanatsy cruise sailing from New Orleans on Mar 22. The thing is, the price seems pretty high for a 6A-$589 for the first two pax and $439 for the 3rd. Add insurance into the mix and I'm looking at $2000 for a five nighter on a fairly old ship.

DH and I booked this same ship/itinerary/cabin category this past Feb for $259 pp. I realize spring break will be higher, but do you think there's a chance rates will come down some? Or any possibility of getting a last minute deal?

Thanks

Carnival has NO PROBLEMS selling cruises for Spring Break... generally you will see sales on ships they are having a hard time selling... if you want to cruise during the peak times, you are going to pay a little more. Are you buying insurance from the cruise line? I usually get my insurance for about $35 from insuremytrip.com.

We just got back from a spring break cruise for my kids school break. I paid 849 pp for adults and 409pp for kids on a 5 night but it was cat 12 . I checked my prices after I booked when they went down 400 per adult I called and got a price drop. I'd say if you are locked into the time to book and watch the fare.

The cruise lines have no problem selling the space during spring break. I checked on all the lines going out of New Orleans and they all have significant increases during spring break weeks. I have done the same thing that TRIBE1959 did ... book now and hope for a price drop.

I would not hope for a last minute deal. Many ships have limits on the number of triple and quad rooms they can book. I have had instances when I could book all the doubles I wanted during spring break but no triples or quads. These cabins will fill up during spring break with all the families and other students out for spring break.

Archived