car service

deck chair

Hi Gang:

Will be arriving Penn station in New York on 7/5/07 by train the day before sailing on QM2 to England. Will be staying at the Brooklyn Marriott. I would be most grateful for the names of any good car services to take us from Train station to Brooklyn. Thanks!

Deck chair

Hi Gang:

Will be arriving Penn station in New York on 7/5/07 by train the day before sailing on QM2 to England. Will be staying at the Brooklyn Marriott. I would be most grateful for the names of any good car services to take us from Train station to Brooklyn. Thanks!

Deck chair

We used www.carmellimo.com . Can't fault the service at all, but a friend in NYC told me that we would probably have been cheaper with a atandard taxi. As far as I am concerned, it was pre-booked, turned up at our hotel in Manhattan at the pre-ordained time and delivered us to Red Hook. What more do you want!

David

Take a cab. All of them can find Brooklyn, and some even know where the Cruise Terminal is.

Paul

Some refuse to go to Brooklyn (which they are not allowed to do). Suddenly its the end of their shift or they are going to lunch. So you can win the battle by saying "you cannot refuse to take me to Brooklyn" but end up with an annoyed/annoying cab driver.

Some refuse to go to Brooklyn (which they are not allowed to do). Suddenly its the end of their shift or they are going to lunch. So you can win the battle by saying "you cannot refuse to take me to Brooklyn" but end up with an annoyed/annoying cab driver.

Add to this the fact that it is hard to find a cab. And that you can stand in a cab-stand line before you find out that the cab will not go where you want to go.

Hire the sedan/limo and ENJOY your trip.

We are thinking of flying out of JFK when we disembark from QM2 in June. Is it easy to get a cab from the Brooklyn pier to JFK or should we arrange for transportation in advance. Another possiblilty is to fly out of LaGuardia or Newark. Any suggestions?

Yes it is easy to get a cab to the airport. Depending upon your air gateway.. either JFK or LGA.

Newark is too far.

I just called a few car services this afternoon - Carmel, Prospect, Arecibo, etc. They all seem to have the same rate of $40 from LGA to Red Hook cruise terminal. My flight will land around 12:30 on the embarkation day so I don't want to have any delay in the airport. Which car service is more reliable and pleasant to go for? Thanks.

Yes it is easy to get a cab to the airport. Depending upon your air gateway.. either JFK or LGA.

Newark is too far.

It's not that far, but the cabs charge more anyway. And on your way to Newark, you can look back and see the QM2, which is not visible from the bowels of Brooklyn and Queens on the way to the others.

Paul

Newark is too far.

How much is the cab fare from the pier to JFK and how long will it take to get there on a Sunday (just want to have enough time to catch my flight home). Thanks.

How much is the cab fare from the pier to JFK and how long will it take to get there on a Sunday (just want to have enough time to catch my flight home). Thanks.

I strongly suggest using one of the car services from the Pier for a number of reasons. Cabs tend to be few and far between from the terminal and the cab fare to JFK can be as much as $70.00 while the car service(if you call yourself) will be $40.00 or so. No traffic 45 minutes....traffic up to an hour and half.

I use Arecibo 718 7836465.

If you use the pier arranged car services it will be about $80.00...

It's not that far, but the cabs charge more anyway. And on your way to Newark, you can look back and see the QM2, which is not visible from the bowels of Brooklyn and Queens on the way to the others.

Paul

You can also see the QM2 as your travel down the Gowanus to the Belt Parkway to JFK by looking back as well.

I just called a few car services this afternoon - Carmel, Prospect, Arecibo, etc. They all seem to have the same rate of $40 from LGA to Red Hook cruise terminal. My flight will land around 12:30 on the embarkation day so I don't want to have any delay in the airport. Which car service is more reliable and pleasant to go for? Thanks.

Arriving by plane at 12:30 the day of sailing takes a seriously strong stomach for daring do. Let's assume a very minor delay at take off of say only a half hour, then a small back up at LGA due to a small security problem on a plane about to take off. Won't take but an hour or so to clear the runway for fresh landings. Then of course there is the problem of the luggage coming off the plane a tad slow. Couple that with the weekend traffic on the Island not to mention any sort of accident which can tie up any NYC area road into knots with delays of hours and there is a reasonable chance that unless the flight is booked through Cunard you could be waving from the pier instead of from the ship.

Not wanting to cause you any trama but that is a late flight for anything to go wrong.

We are thinking of flying out of JFK when we disembark from QM2 in June. Is it easy to get a cab from the Brooklyn pier to JFK or should we arrange for transportation in advance. Another possiblilty is to fly out of LaGuardia or Newark. Any suggestions?

Definitely JFK or La Guardia. Newark would be more expensive and a longer ride. I prefer not dealing with cabs at the airport. :)

My experiences have been with Prospect and Arecibo and both are fine.

Archived