Can you help me with timings please?

woodmill100

"It all depends" probably isn't a good answer! But it truly does. Disembarkation can generally begin approximately an hour after the ship docks. It rarely takes longer than that for the authorities to clear the ship.

However, if someone does not report to immigration in a timely fashion that will delay clearance. It doesn't happen often, but if harbor traffic is heavy that could delay arrival. Lots of other things are possible, even though not necessarily likely.

I would not want to schedule a flight before 11:30 or noon. There's lots to see in and around Vancouver if you have to take a later afternoon flight. I'm usually anxious to get home, but I'd rather do some sightseeing instead of stressing over making a too-early flight.

Good luck.

I don't ever suggest anyone book any flight from any port earlier than 12 noon at the earliest. I'd risk an 11:30 booking but would realize it was something of a risk.

I'd rather sit 2 or 3 hours in an airport than stress about getting off the ship soon enough to make our flight.

We were two hours late arriving in Vancouver on 4/8 and I know passengers did not make noon flights. Remember you also have to go through US immigration/customs at the airport.

Having said that, noon is the earliest that I would book.

hhhhmmm, with the flight time and the time difference in NY I am beginning to think we might be better not rushing to leave the ship and have another night in Vancouver, just to be sure.

Thanks for the input folks.

I have to agree with everyone else and say that trying to make an 11:30 flight can be an iffy thing. We always enjoy an extra night in Vancouver and get a good night's rest before our long flight home to Florida. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Archived