Our day in Barbados at the Boatyard

judyf

Barbados: Friday, 4/6/07 10:00am to 6:00pm-all aboard

This is my second time to Barbados, last time we did a great tour with Glory Tours which included the Wildlife Reserve, snorkeling and swimming with the turtles. Because we saw most of the island, last trip I just wanted to enjoy the day and relax and have some fun at the beach.

This was our favorite port stop we had a blast. Thanks to Lee from our roll call I decided to go to the Boatyard for the day. Lee I had a drink for you and we toasted you on the beach, you were in my thoughts all day at the Boatyard as I knew you were going to go there. I told a group we met at the martini clinic about it, and they went too. We all got chairs together right by the rope swing and all the toys in the water. I rented an umbrella and it was only $2 each. There were a few umbrellas that were already there at no charge too. Anne brought her own umbrella so we had a nice area for those that wanted to stay out of the sun.

This was a beautiful beach we all decided at the end of the cruise that this was the best beach of all and we went to a beach on every island except San Juan. This is not counting the baths as they are in a class my themselves.

There's a $15 pp charge to enter the Boatyard, but included in that fee is the use of a chair, a drink and you get the use of all the toys in the water and a ride back to the ship is also included. We paid $5 pp for a cab to get there, I have read if you walk out away from the pier more you can get a cab for $3 pp but my mother can't walk that far so we just got a cab closer.

Five of us did a banana boat ride for $15 pp. What fun we had, we got tipped off twice, the hardest part was getting back on in the middle of the ocean. What a time that was but we all did it. LOL We also jumped off the rope swing, fun, fun, fun. I did get way too much sun here but we had a blast! I would go here again if I ever return to Barbados.

Here is a link to my Barbados pictures.

Hi Judy- it's Bo (mimi'sgirl) from the roll call. We agree that we loved Barbados the most. We went to Accra beach and was wondering if the water was calm at the boatyard. Also if it was low when you first enter? Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. It was nice meeting your mom and you.

Hi Judy, glad to hear you had such a good time at the Boatyard. We are seriously considering it for our November cruise. Out of curiosity, what beaches did you go to on the other islands? Also, there is no link to your pics, which I would really enjoy seeing.

Bonnie

http://family.webshots.com/album/558672715nXRMOt

Most have forgot to put the link in, sorry.

The water was fairly clam but there were some waves. It wasn't deep right away but with 4-5 feet it got waste deep. Looking at the pictures by the time you got by the water toys it was over your head to give you an idea.

Other beaches Mero in Dominica, and Longbay in Antigua and Sapphire in St. Thomas. I posted a review in each ports thread.

Hope this helps.

Archived