"No host mini-bar"

Former Goalie

In suite accomodations, this is one of the items billed as an amenity. What exactly is this? Is it a few smaller bottles provided gratis, or is this the typical small frig with beverages, alcoholic and non alcoholic, and snacks, for which you are charged on an item by item basis?

TIA

Former Goalie = The mini bar is the small bottles that you are charged for. They also have some on a shelf. If you want to use the refrig you can either take everything out and put it on the shelf or tell your cabin stewerd and he will have someone take it all away. Penny

On any invitation for parties, on land or at sea.....

HOST=IT'S ALREADY PAID FOR (i.e. the host of the party has taken care of your enjoyment)

NO HOST=YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING YOU DRINK (and sometimes eat) (i.e. there is a party you may attend but the bartenders and waiters will give you a bill when done. The host of the party is CHEAP!:eek: and did not pay for anything:D )

There haven't been any snacks on HAL's ships in the suites for several years now.

On our recent Maasdam cruises, the 6 tiny bottles of alcohol were taken from the glass cupboard and were in the refrigerator along with a couple of cans of bear, a couple of small bottles of wine and a few sodas == big cutback - there was still room to put my chocolates in there withour having to shift things around.

Archived